Can't download programs via DISHONLINE feature

MLM122

Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Hey, guys, recently added an N-Gaming wireless adapter to my network, hooked it to the Dish 622 receiver. All the broadband stuff is set up and functioning. I get an IP address, the connection tests on the receiver say broadband and phone connections ok.

I can view all the available dishonline program content lists, but cannot download anything. We tried several free items last night, and again this AM. We get an immediate popup that says "Warning - cannot download at this time, please try again in a few minutes." The number in the corner of the popup is 976, The popup comes up up immediately, the system doesn't even attempt to download.

We had read in a few forums online that this gaming adapter does work with Dish, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue with the adapter. It just won't download.

I thought about the a router problem, but sm unsure how to test it. our home computer network works fine, a desktop & a couple of laptops hooked up. No internet connection problems there.

So how would I test my router to see if maybe its blocking ports? Would that explain why I can connect but cannot download?

Thanks for any help. Gotten alot of good info here in the past. Hope this post is in the right place! :)

Ok so you're stating that you've added this router to your network but you didn't state whether or not there is an existing router on the network or not. If this router is behind another router you need to make sure you have it set to bridge mode as opposed to routing mode. It could be something else though. We need a little bit more information about your network setup to figure out what's going wrong.

Can you access your receiver through the Dish Remote app on their website? This may help indicate whether you have a faulty adapter or setup. Dish Remote lets you access your DVR through the internet.

Didn't add a new router.. added the wireless N-Gaming adapter, plugged into the Dish 622 ethernet port, to an existing home network. We use a program called Network Magic on the PC to see all the devices on the network. It does see the new N-Gaming deal, but doesn't give any specific identifying details. The home network router, which we have used for a couple of years, is a Linksys WBR 2310. There are 2 laptops & and a desktop computer running off it, and the N-Gaming adapter. Hope this is what you are asking. Sorry I wasn't more specific the 1st time. Let me know if there's something I am leaving out. Thanks for the response!

Ok so you're stating that you've added this router to your network but you didn't state whether or not there is an existing router on the network or not. If this router is behind another router you need to make sure you have it set to bridge mode as opposed to routing mode. It could be something else though. We need a little bit more information about your network setup to figure out what's going wrong.

Will try that now and let you know! Thanks!

Can you access your receiver through the Dish Remote app on their website? This may help indicate whether you have a faulty adapter or setup. Dish Remote lets you access your DVR through the internet.

OK, no probs accessing receiver through Dish Remote app. Anything else I need to try?

Thanks again.

Will try that now and let you know! Thanks!

riginally Posted by 8bitbytes Can you access your receiver through the Dish Remote app on their website? This may help indicate whether you have a faulty adapter or setup. Dish Remote lets you access your DVR through the internet.

Hold your power button on the receiver for 10 seconds until it reboots. When the receiver comes back up, try again to download.

Tried that a few times. No change... just can't download titles, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Similar problem

If I go to DishOnline, I click on one of the menu items and I get a message in the result area that says "Processing your request", I never get any results though. I also noticed that until recently, no titles showed up in the We Recommend area of DishOnline. Now images of titles show up. If I click on one, I get the famous "Processing your Request" text that never produces results. Anyone know what this issue might be?

I actually can connect to my DVR via sling. It is online there. The official Dish website says I am offline when I go to the Remote DVR function.

Which wireless N gaming adapter do you have? Make sure there are no firmware updates for it. I bought one a month or two ago (either Dlink or Linksys) . It behaved badly until I installed a firmware update.

Which wireless N gaming adapter do you have? Make sure there are no firmware updates for it. I bought one a month or two ago (either Dlink or Linksys) . It behaved badly until I installed a firmware update.

Was not sure if you were responding to me, but I do not have a wireless gaming router. I have an Airlink 101 router. I have had this for sometime. It worked fine with DirecTV's On Demand downloads and DirecTV DVR Remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)