Can't edit Seek & Record timers

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like once they're created you can't edit anything? What if I want to change from all to only new or vice versa? Doesn't look like you can even change the priority. That's pretty lame. I could modify anything I wanted on a Dish Pass timer on my old 622. I guess on the Hopper I'll have to delete the timer and re-create it...

That's what I did. I only use seek and record as placeholders for shows that are not currently scheduled, like Men of a Certain Age. If it does come back I'll delete that timer and reschedule with a DVR timer.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like once they're created you can't edit anything? What if I want to change from all to only new or vice versa? Doesn't look like you can even change the priority. That's pretty lame. I could modify anything I wanted on a Dish Pass timer on my old 622. I guess on the Hopper I'll have to delete the timer and re-create it...
MattG of DIRT informed me a few weeks ago that editing Seek & Record timers "is coming in a future release" (or words to that effect).

one year and nine months later and despite a dish rep saying they were giving this task to their programmers, you are still completely unable to edit a seek timer.

/guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)