Can't edit Seek & Record timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like once they're created you can't edit anything? What if I want to change from all to only new or vice versa? Doesn't look like you can even change the priority. That's pretty lame. I could modify anything I wanted on a Dish Pass timer on my old 622. I guess on the Hopper I'll have to delete the timer and re-create it...

That's what I did. I only use seek and record as placeholders for shows that are not currently scheduled, like Men of a Certain Age. If it does come back I'll delete that timer and reschedule with a DVR timer.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like once they're created you can't edit anything? What if I want to change from all to only new or vice versa? Doesn't look like you can even change the priority. That's pretty lame. I could modify anything I wanted on a Dish Pass timer on my old 622. I guess on the Hopper I'll have to delete the timer and re-create it...
MattG of DIRT informed me a few weeks ago that editing Seek & Record timers "is coming in a future release" (or words to that effect).

one year and nine months later and despite a dish rep saying they were giving this task to their programmers, you are still completely unable to edit a seek timer.

/guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)