Can't Find Sat 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhendricks_12

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
North Dakota
Here is my situation. Moved into my house about 2.5 hrs ago and previous owner left his older dish 1000 on which he had HD programming. I already had a dish 301 and 501 so I just hooked then up and continued to use them. I recently upgraded to a 622 receivers and HD programming but it will not find Sat 129. Signal strength for 110 is 70 119 is 45 also finds 121 at a strength of about 10. Dish wants to charge me to send a tech out but I have always installed my own equipment so I'm sure I can figure it out but if you could give my any pointer that could cut down on my time it would be greatly appreciated. Also I live in North Dakota at Zip Code 58042.

Thanks. Probably is just off as 110 is coming of the most westerly lnb, 119 is in the middle and 121 is getting picked up by most easterly one. Will try to set the direction tonight.

If it is picking up the 121 it can't possibly be a 1000 dish. The 121 is a FSS band not a DBS band satellite. The only way you could be picking it up is if you have a FSS LNB like the ones one the super dishes. The 110 and 119 LNBs on a super dish are DBS but the 121 is FSS. I think you have a super dish. Some of the earliest super dishes had a HD logo on them, but could not really pick up much for HD programing (only what was on the 110).

joshua.mcglothlen said:
spend the money and get it done right and then you dont have the headache

$15 is to much for peoples time and getting things done correctly now a days, Josh.

Today, I had a customer who complained when I got there that the job was going to cost $15. I spent 2.5 hours there and replaced almost everything. When I left she said it was the best $15 she had spent on her house in a long time.

At&t wants $150 to provide me service so I can get their service. I must also purchase their modem, at a cost of almost $90. -and people complain about a $15 tech visit....

Btw, The skew is probably off burying the 129.

Last edited:
Some of the earliest super dishes had a HD logo on them, but could not really pick up much for HD programing (only what was on the 110).

When Dish first launched service on 121, I think they had higher hopes and expectations than what eventually panned out...

Here is my situation. Moved into my house about 2.5 hrs ago and previous owner left his older dish 1000 on which he had HD programming. I already had a dish 301 and 501 so I just hooked then up and continued to use them. I recently upgraded to a 622 receivers and HD programming but it will not find Sat 129. Signal strength for 110 is 70 119 is 45 also finds 121 at a strength of about 10. Dish wants to charge me to send a tech out but I have always installed my own equipment so I'm sure I can figure it out but if you could give my any pointer that could cut down on my time it would be greatly appreciated. Also I live in North Dakota at Zip Code 58042.

Buy a satellite signal meter!.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)