can't find satellites some days, finds them other days

trouttrooper

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
N. Idaho
First post here so please excuse any newbie mistakes :eek:

I have a dish network receiver model 301D with just the basic 120 channel package. We've been in this house for over 4 years now and have had no problems at all. Until about a couple weeks ago. Go to watch tv and it's rotating through the transponders trying to connect to the satellites. First couple times I assumed it was weather related, but it's doing it on crystal clear days as well. I've done the standard reset and unplug "fixes" but it doesn't change anything. Checking the switch says it's OK. It will be like this for a couple days and then start working fine for a day or so, then not work again. When it does work I have signal strength around 60% for both satellite 119 and 110. That seems a little weak, but I've lived in places where it was much worse than that and never had a problem due do weak signal.

What got me really wondering was I just got done talking to my in-laws who live about 80 miles away who have been having the exact same problem for about the same timeframe. Don't know what receiver they have, but I know it's not the same as ours. Theirs is newer. Is this pure coincidence or is there something in the atmosphere causing interference??

Is this a sign of the receiver going bad??

thanks for any help. I hope I covered all my bases...

It could also be a failing LNB. When you unplug the receiver, the LNB also loses power.

Trouttrooper, if you would like to have a technician come out, please send me a private message with your phone number or account number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)