Can't get 119 to save my soul.

Might the reflector be bent a little? A slightly warped dish can affect the signal. Also, check the rivets that attach the lnb arm to the skew plate. If the arm is skewed out of alignment, that might cause it. Not sure how the Birddog works, but make sure there are no settings to change in order for the different lnb's to be recognized. Put a line directly from the first port on the left of the lnb. That isolates 119. The 2nd port isolates 110. The third from the left isolates 129. If you lock into say 129, and the Birddog ID's it, then the line from the 2nd port should ID 110. If the line from port 1 doesn't ID 119, then either the dish is suspect, the settings need to be changed, or the lnb is shot. I have seen some dishes where the settings (elevation) are as much as 3-4 degrees different from what the manual says.

All parts of this puzzle are brand new only a few weeks old. So far I haven't been able to get anything but 110 even with the meter attached to port #1 and the middle LNB covered w/two layers of foil. Only difference was the strength of signal. 63 when it's covered and 73 when it's not. I keep thinking it's a hardware issue but don't know what?

It's raining so I'll have to wait to get the photo requested. We had moved the location previously with no better results. Any other ideas out there???

I believe so? What might you suggest??
If you are testing with the receiver disconnected, maybe your meter is not supplying sufficient power. If you are powering from the receiver, long cable run can reduce power level. Needs something like 18 -20 volts at the lnb to function (if I remember correctly)

When ever I have a customer trying to peak in there own 1000.2 I tell them to take Aluminum Foil and cover to two outer eyes. This way any signal that comes through is only coming through on the 119 eye. If you hit 110 again then you need to lower and move west. If you hit 129 need to go up and move to the east.

So to start I would move way east or west and do a check switch test. 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4. This way it clears you sat matrix and only shows all xxx for all sat locations. Cover outer two eyes and repeat you peaking process. Once you peak the 119 sat tighten everything down, remove the Aluminum Foil and do a check switch. If you have you skew correct the 110 and 129 sats will be there.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

Shawn, previously when I lowered and moved west I got nothing. In fact all I ever got was nothing except 110. I' will try this in the order you described tomorrow. Hopefully it will work?!

Thanks,
D

Shawn, did exactly what you said........a few times and still only got the 110. Then when I took off the tin foil and reconnected the first LNB then ran the check switch one last time..............IT WORKED!!!!!! Signal is kinda weak but it works! Think my borrowed Birdog meter is not set correctly. Also clearing the matrix in the right sequence probably helped quite a bit. I think the skew would improve the signal. Need a better meter.

Thanks man!

FINALLY.....lol........if you set the skew to the correct settings for your area, you should NOT have to adjust if further, just tweek elevation and azimuth for best signal. for that you can use your receiver if you are not sure about you meter.

post your existing signal levels to compare with normal ones for you area..... 110 & 119 should be high 60's to 70's on most transponders, 129 should be in the 50's on most transponders with a few in the high 40's

good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)