can't get 2 channels on Galaxy25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snoopdrew

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
My mom and i both have 76cm offset dishes pointed at Galaxy 25 (97w) with FTA receivers. While we both can receive the majority of channels on this satellite, the two channels we actually care about, I can get, but she can't.

These two channels are MacTV and Da-ai on the same transponder of 12122 H, 20000 SR.

As a test, I took her fta receiver and plugged it into my home and it works fine, but once i move it back to her hourse, it doesn't! Then I loaned her my FTA receiver to use at her house and I get the same result of good signal strength but poor signal quality. I even put in an inline amp from radio shack, but that didn't solve it. REALLY WEIRD.

We're only 20 miles away from each other in the SF bay area with unobstructed views, and we CAN get plenty of channels at other transponders. So our dishes seem to pointed correctly and the fta receivers definitely work. What is wrong with the setup at my mom's location? How can I solve this?

sounds like the dish is off by just a little bit and due to that you can't get that transponder.

Sadly on IA5 (G25) a couple transponders have lower signal quality so you need to be exactly on for a good signal. Try and nudge the dish a smidge to see if that brings it in

snoop
For what its worth, I discovered that MAC-TV channel on Gal 3 a couple of nights ago,
can't remember if it was scrambled or not. Thats KU freq too, there was a dozen or so channels I didnt know were there, most of them also on IA5KU. (Asian programming)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)