Can't get any channels!!!!????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

encryptical

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
I've got a problem....I can't get any channels when i scan using two different programs 1)progDVB or 2)twinhanDVT; i have a Twinhan 102g DVB-S card hooked up to a DMS International dual polarity 13degree c-band LNBF on a 8 foot dish....focal depth at .38, polarity offset at about 2 degrees, the dish dosent have a declination offset but it works fine with my analog IRD....but i cant get any channels to show up on the PC there is no quality and the signal is between 70-80% i've aligned the dish using a sf-95 satfinder to IA5 and ones around get channels in on my analog but not on the pc.....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE I'M FREAKIN' OUT!!!

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

VERY often when moving to digital signals the satellite dish will need to be re-tweaked. Analog signals are much more forgiving, so you arc may be perfect for analog but will need some fine tuning for digital signals.

thats what i was woundering.....

you dont think it could be my lnbf though...do you? and do you have an y tips that might help.....thanks for your support!

If its the ASC-421 C-band LNBF (same as I use) make sure the "0" is right at the top when pointing true south. Then if you can get any kind of signal maybe adjusting the focal distance slightly will help.

Usually its a problem with the elevation/azimuth, as I said you have to be much more accurate with digital.

If you have a blind scan receiver sometimes that will help grab digital signals.

What C band channel are you trying to receive on IA5? Are you sure the frequency and symbol rate are correct? Have you set the LO frequency to 5150 in ProgDVB?

i picked tct

i picked tct to test ive tryed other sats to....i moved closer to my apex
now though....im on gallaxy 11 and amc3 i can get them in analog but no digital and i cant get any in to my west at all but IA6....I think its the fact that my mount doesn't have an offset adjustment....and if so i dont know what to do to still make the disk work for digital....because it needs to be exact.....ive entered all the info L.O.F 5150 and the frequency and SID but i can't get any quality and 80% top signal that jumps around.......i have my analog receiver slaved to the twinhan through the twinhan lnb out.....have any sugestions?

TCT has a very strong signal. I moved my 7 1/2 foot dish off center in both directions until the analog pictures were very sparkily and nearly unwatchable and I was still able to tune in TCT. If your analog picture is clear, you should be able to receive TCT easily. Are the analog receiver and the Twinhan connected to the dish at the same time? Which is controlling the polarity? Are you using any switches or splitters?

victory!!!!!

I finaly got some channels......i was all messed up....i needed to be on my apex and after crunching some numbers got it....IA8 but theres nothin on it but gallaxy 11 is only a few decimals off so it was like few flicks of the remote and got the quality from 37% to 57% on a few channels: EWTN, THE WORD, some other odd ones but still not all of them but ill keep workin with it....thanks for your support guys.....later

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nubie questions

what do i do with the green diskets in progdvb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)