Can't get audio on AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nakota

Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
southeast US
I'm new to FTA, but have succeeded to get good video on AMC 21 12140V , tp22, but don't get any audio. Anyone got suggestion? I probably don't have things set up right. Am using old Muzak dish (about 1 meter), an Invacom QPH-031 LNB, Sonic View SV360 Premier receiver. I notice that lyngSat has several numbers listed in the audio section--numbers like 33, 52E, 68W. The Sonic View receiver dosen't seem to have a section to enter these numbers for audio. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

There are some channels that only broadcast in AC-3 (optical/coax out), like PBS. You need a audio/av receiver that can decode the AC-3 signal or get a sonic voom headset that can convert the signal into standard RCA (L/R) signal... I assume your sonicview box has a optical and/or coax out for sound....

You want suggestions? I suggest you do a search on the site here, there is PLENTY of information regarding audio on AMC21.

Having said that, welcome to Satellite Guys!!! There is an abundance of great information here on all things satellite. I didn't mean to come off as harsh but we seem to have a lot of posts very similar to yours. Searching eliminates a lot of the clutter in the forums.

also 12140 V is the HD transponder and the Sonicview 360 doesnt do HD
Maybe you're thinking of the 12180 TP that has some PBS channels like World, V-Me & Create

Thanks for the help! I've ordered myself a Sonic Voom which hopefully will decode the audio optical output on the Sonic View 360 so I can receive audio for PBS. Thanks again!!

I hooked up my Sonic Voom last week that I got off Ebay. It does a pretty good job on my Merc II. I just used amplifed computer speakers on mine.

Better yet if you have an HDTV, those HD feeds on AMC 21 look aweseome! You might wanna consider upgrading to an HD compatible box, and it'll decode AC3 without the need for any alternate decoder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)