cant get g10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skeleto2005

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
hi guys im new to the forum, i want to get Retro Jams i have tried with no luck to fing Galaxy 18, i have a dish about 32 inches, an Dtv lnb and a Capive Works 600S Premium, i get the 119 satellite clearly and moved the dish 4.2 degrees west to 123.2, Im almost shure did the sat settings on my cw receiver for G 18, i got no quality and 70 on strenght, my location is to south of texas at Chihuahua Mexico, can you tell me what do i need to hit that sat? thanks:)

A Dtv LNB will not work on G10... you need a linear LNB.

How many channels do you get on 119?

hi guys im new to the forum, i want to get Retro Jams i have tried with no luck to fing Galaxy 18, i have a dish about 32 inches, an Dtv lnb and a Capive Works 600S Premium, i get the 119 satellite clearly and moved the dish 4.2 degrees west to 123.2, Im almost shure did the sat settings on my cw receiver for G 18, i got no quality and 70 on strenght, my location is to south of texas at Chihuahua Mexico, can you tell me what do i need to hit that sat? thanks:)

You need a linear LNBF, as Gary Z stated.

L.O. 10750 for a standard, 9750/10600 for a universal.

Use 11800 as a hot transponder to aim your dish.

I'm a complete newby to fta. I want to get 123 also. I have a linear BSC 321 lnb & a 31" fortec dish which I just assembled from sadoun.
1) If I try the find 121, which TP should I set my box to?
2) How do I precisely set my skew? The markings on the lnb only indicate + or - 30 degrees
and according to sadoun's sat calculator I need 44.7 degrees.

I'm a complete newby to fta. I want to get 123 also. I have a linear BSC 321 lnb & a 31" fortec dish which I just assembled from sadoun.
1) If I try the find 121, which TP should I set my box to?
2) How do I precisely set my skew? The markings on the lnb only indicate + or - 30 degrees
and according to sadoun's sat calculator I need 44.7 degrees.

1.) 12074 V 20000 = strong tp on 121W

2.) You'll just have to estimate where approximately 45 degrees is, guess what 15 degrees past your "30" mark would be...as long as the rest of your setup is correct the skew is not that critical, just try to get it close, then once you have some signal quality you can fine tune your skew.

45 deg. should be very easy to get close to. A full circle is 360 deg., 180 deg is up and down, 90 deg is a right angle (forms an "L") and then just approximate half way between. If you cut out a square piece of paper and fold it from side to side, then unfold and do the same to the other sides. Unfold again and then fold corner to corner, and again unfold and then fold the last remaining corner to corner. This will give you your angles. If you can picture it the folding side to side made the creases like an "+", then folding it corner to corner made the creases like an "x". The result is an "+" ontop of an "x" giving you eight 45deg angles. The eight 45deg angles add up to 360deg or a full circle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)