Cant get music choice.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Trying to pick up the in-the-clear Music Choice channels on Galaxy 14 aka G-5.

I used a generic tile, CG-282, CG-283, etc to pull it in, and got a DC lock.

However, no sound or video is showing up.

I tried using manual tune, and got a DC lock, but still no audio or sound.

What am I doing wrong here?

Why? I already know its up there. It is a DC-2 encoding so I would think it would go in the 4DTV discussion.

Because Music choice does not want you to listen but because of the DCII security Motorola can't encrypt the audio services for them, so many years ago when Motorola (GI at the time) mapped them in the first 920's music choice demanded they remove them from the maps or face legal action.

Well guess you need to look at lyngsat and figure out the rest or post question in WUT. There have been a lot of ships sunk by Rick. Need we say more???

In a nutshell Music Choice don't want us listening to their service. There is a technical reason they are ITC. Motorola cannot encrypt/authorize so many services in one mux. Like tdti1 said they were pulled years ago. If it becomes commonplace how to listen they will remove the services and none of us hobbyists will benefit. This was one of the reasons why Motorola wants us to brick our 4DTV's now. They don't want us to have access to any of the distro DC2 stuff which is now very plentiful since all the masters have been added we used to sub too. They want the private content protected.

If your a member of WUT you can ask your question there and it will be answered. Otherwise you will have to figure it out which I did many years ago before I was even a member of Satellite Guys. Were not trying to be mean. We are just protecting the knowledge since we enjoy the backend stuff we can get, and want to see it continue. Unlike at Ricks where they get feeds encrypted daily with their big mouths.

So your telling me rick the **** makes channels go away. :rant:

So your telling me rick the **** makes channels go away. :rant:

Basically, yes - they're not the only one, so let's avoid the flaming torches :)

Anything posted openly can be read by anyone, including providers. They may have reasons not to encrypt, but if they realise their feeds are being posted for all-in-sundry to find they'll move quickly to encrypt.

WUT is a great idea on satguys to help protect this information.

There have been rants back and forth on this subject, I don't need to add.

That said, were I a program provider ;) , and found out people were posting about my services so people could watch for free, I'd encrypt them double-quick!

Just my 2c

We have had some issues recently where people are posting "feeds" in an open area which have been deleted by staff.

We have had a rule at Satelliteguys since day 1 and that was that we do not post feeds not on Lyngsat or Satelliteguys own thelist in an open area.

This is how channels get scrambled.

So please do not post any feeds in the main area. If it's on Lyngsat or Satelliteguys own thelist, then that is fine and can be posted with no issues
smile.gif

Thanks for your understanding

I guess I just don't understand what was wrong posting what the OP did.

I'm not talking about my general disagreement with many here about the impact of feed posting. That's a whole other discussion that we've had too many times already in the past. People get passionate, and few minds are changed in the process. I'm not trying to start a discussion about the merits of feed posting. I know what the rules are when I come here... and I obey them.

My point is... what is wrong with discussing these channels that are listed on Lyngsat? How does that position reconcile with the rules as they're posted? If you follow the link in the quote above, Iceberg even followed up with a 2nd post to clarify.

I'm honestly not trying to start a fight. I just want to understand how we're supposed to know when it's OK to discuss a feed if the rule doesn't really mean what it says.

Cheers

Music Choice has always been a touchy issue, Lyngsat or not. The OP wanted to know what generic to use to get them IIRC. Generally talk about generic maps should be contained to WUT IMHO.

We have gone a little of topic here.

There is no debate that the channels are listed 'in the open'.

The original reply, 'please post in WUT' was recommended (good IMHO) advice.

Not everyone has access to WUT so that reply could be frustrating, there is also the PM option.

I've been here for a long time, the bulk of peeps here want to help others, something that makes this site great and why I check it 4 or more times a day!

FWIW I scanned in MC sometime back, but not without help and the assistance was guarded. For me, these kind of things are fun for me, I like to see if I can do it, then move on.

Enough rambling!

OP if you're still stuck, PM me.

It's kinda tuff getting accepted into the "WUT" forums. I tried & failed. That's right, I'm a failure.

It's kinda tuff getting accepted into the "WUT" forums. I tried & failed. That's right, I'm a failure.

I was on Satguys a couple years and needed someone to put a good word in for me to get into WUT. There have been people who were members of WUT that posted the private info at Ricks and said they got it from Sat Guys WUT. I think that made it harder for others to get in now. The best thing to do is do your internship, help people out and make friends. Then ask to get into WUT and have someone sponsor you. That usually will work. The ones in charge are being extra cautious for a reason.

I was on Satguys a couple years and needed someone to put a good word in for me to get into WUT. There have been people who were members of WUT that posted the private info at Ricks and said they got it from Sat Guys WUT. I think that made it harder for others to get in now. The best thing to do is do your internship, help people out and make friends. Then ask to get into WUT and have someone sponsor you. That usually will work. The ones in charge are being extra cautious for a reason.
I understand & respect that. I've browsed Ricks forums but have no intentions in posting anything. I was curios about what was up there not to spread the word, just curious, but I also understand the hesitation. No sweat, maybe someday. In the meantime, I'm satisfied with what i already have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts