Can't Get the Remote to work

jt_jimmy

Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Sothern California
Hello everyone. I got a small problem. I recently got Dish installed yesterday. They gave me the ViP 722k DVR Receiver. As I was watching it at night, I left my room light on and everything was working good. Once I turned off the lights, the remote cannot change channels or anything. After a few hours, it does not want to work anymore, even when I left the lights inside the room on. Anyone encountered this problem before? Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Do you have the unit set to dual or single? If it is set to dual, switch it to single and see if you can change channels, etc.

Hope this helps.....

what type of tv do you have? some hd tv's have a setting in the menu for light sensor and it will block some ir remote signals. if you disable this setting your remote will work.

Hello everyone. I got a small problem. I recently got Dish installed yesterday. They gave me the ViP 722k DVR Receiver. As I was watching it at night, I left my room light on and everything was working good. Once I turned off the lights, the remote cannot change channels or anything. After a few hours, it does not want to work anymore, even when I left the lights inside the room on. Anyone encountered this problem before? Anyone have a solution to this problem?

I made chenges in tvs option and its works for my sony LCD TV. change back light minimum or zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)