Which to use?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I have a 522 w/dish500 antenna and DP Plus LMB. The installation is on my RV, so you can surmise that I move alot. My question; if I upgrade to the HD programing I know I will need a new receiver but what about the antenna? I am concerned that the 1000.4 or similar antenna will be a lot more difficult to aim than my Dish 500 and I may need somthing entirely different when I travel West of Texas (Eastern Arc vs Western Arc).
What amount of HD programing is available on the 110/119 sats? Would it be practical to just keep my current antenna and get an HD receiver uprgade?

:confused: Your thoughts please.

About HD content on disg sats, go to the tab on the top of this page titled "The List", on the page that comes up, click on the tab that says subscription, page down to the dish section and pick a sat.

I would keep your D500 for 110/119 and get a separate antenna that you could point to 61.5 or 129 depending where you are. Plus it would be real easy to point. That setup should cover you if you don't mind the extra dish.

No HD besides some locals reside on the 110/119 satellites. You need either a 1000.2 dish setup to also see the 129 or use your current DPP Twin LNB and have a wing dish for 61.5. Another option is to use the 1000.2 dish with a wing dish as well, that way you could get reception from the 110/119/129/ and 61.5 satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)