Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Hi everybody,

I bought a new satellite card here is the link if u want to know the features

http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_3.asp

I downloaded the latest driver and program from this link
http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp

TwinhanDTV 2.64 version

I have a 120cm dish with 2 dual output lnbs, one for nilesat and the other for hotbird. I have another normal reciever and its working fine without problems.

The problem is that the signal is never locked. Its always red. Signal strength is never higher than 60% while signal quality is always 0%. I managed (i don't know how) to scan the satellites and get some channels to work, but I cann't find all the channels, plus some of the channel isn't recieved properly.

I don't know what the problem is? I tested the cable and every thing using the other reciever signal strength was 90% and quality more than 65%.

My pc configuration:

Gigabyte 915G mother board
Intel processor 3Ghz 2MB cahce

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Any help would be very much appretiated.

Bye.

Last edited:
I got the same thing.. it runs, barely mind you, but it works. :)

Basically I installed their software did a scan using the various types (circular & custom 14350 for me) and I get a few channels, though it should find all the channels but most of them should be scrambled.. to get TSreader working took more effort.. I had it work once and never again.. still trying to figure that one out..

I have had some issues with Twinhan cards.

#1 the signal strength is usually lower (it is for me anyways).
#2 you can have everything installed correctly and still have problems. I have had problems, reinstalled drivers and boom it was working. These cards are very very very touchy in regards to their drivers. They also give no warning when it is a driver problem (they just dont work). I have also noticed that there are times that I can scan the transponders (when the software is not showing the signal as locked) and it will find a signal (and channels) and show the signal as locked (after the scan is completed).

Mabey a reinstall or two is in your future?

I have the 102G card and it runs like a champ. I thrown every app I've seen at it and it works. I used the drivers that came with the CD. I didn't use their DVB software since I thought it was garbage.

Thanx for replying.

I already did a couple of reinstalls and restarts. It seems to solve the problem temprorly.

I tried to scan Nilesat again after I sent this post. I was able to see almost all channels, it was perfect.

But now I am back to square 1 . Nothing works at all. Scan returns "0 TV , 0 Radio programs found"

I think this card has a mind of its own !!!

Isn't there anyway to stabilize its operation

thanx in advance

Last edited:
Thanx for replying.

I tried to scan Nilesat again after I sent this post. I was able to see almost all channels, it was perfect.

But now I am back to square 1 . Nothing works at all. Scan returns "0 TV , 0 Radio programs found"

I think this card has a mind of its own !!!

Isn't there anyway to stabilize its operation

thanx in advance

Ditch the DVB app and use DVBDream.

http://www.dvbdream.org/

I installed dvbdream 1.2e i used the "TwinHan sdk" as the device no channels appear from the scan

I am totally lost

You do know that the DVB cards do not have blind scan right?

Well I don't what does blind scan meen, but I what I do is scan a satellite for some transponders. That worked for some time but now nothing.

Should I be doing this in some other way?

Blind Scan is when you scan for new channels on a satellite.
What the Twinhan card will do, is scan the TP's already stored in the software. You can either edit those TP's or you can add new TP's. What people do is get the TP info from another source, like http://www.lyngsat.com/. And, use that info to edit the channels on there PCI cards, and then do a scan with a live TP from the lyngsat list.

Al

Right, no blind scan on any pc cards (dunno why, you would think it would be easier on the pc). But I've tried all those apps and I get complete inconsistancies in it working.. sometimes I get 15-20 channels, other times it comes up with 0.. It finds radio stations but never adds them to the app so I can listen to them..

I think it has something to do with the card/drivers.. Maybe they'll update their drivers so they work more consistantly..

Right, no blind scan on any pc cards (dunno why, you would think it would be easier on the pc). But I've tried all those apps and I get complete inconsistancies in it working.. sometimes I get 15-20 channels, other times it comes up with 0.. It finds radio stations but never adds them to the app so I can listen to them..

I think it has something to do with the card/drivers.. Maybe they'll update their drivers so they work more consistantly..

If this cards has all these problem, why are they sold anyway?
The support of twinhan really sucks, they totally ignored me!

So it all depends on luck, you might be lucky and it works or simply it doens't.

I have a last question, does this card need a larger dish? I already told you that I have 120cm dish.

Thanx guys for replying
bye

If this cards has all these problem, why are they sold anyway?
The support of twinhan really sucks, they totally ignored me!

So it all depends on luck, you might be lucky and it works or simply it doens't.

I have a last question, does this card need a larger dish? I already told you that I have 120cm dish.

Thanx guys for replying
bye

The cards do not have a problem. They work fine. I use one all the time for feeds on my HTPC and have been for over a year.

Do you have your LNB setup right?
Do you have any diseqc switches setup right?
Are you punching in the frequency, SR, and polarity right?
Is the data you are punching an active TP?
Is the dish pointing in the right direction?
Is this device slaved behind another set top box?

Please tell us all about your setup so we can help you get it setup correctly.

And No, it doesn't need a bigger dish...it just needs a signal like any other DVB device.

The cards do not have a problem. They work fine. I use one all the time for feeds on my HTPC and have been for over a year.

They are definitely a bit quirky to say the least.

Dish Network is working, so the answer is yes. :)
Was only using a single cable pass through from the DP34 and directly (without pass through) and it wouldn't work. I have a simple 22k A/B in there now and I get some stuff via Twinhan's software that TSReader doesn't pick up and visa/versa. Yet to get radio which is odd.
Using whatever was in there, manipulated it a few times with little success. (used circular, changed to 14350, matched up to lyngsat didn't help either). I know if I connect to 61.5 I should get that demo hd channel or at least show me locked dish network channels. Nadda.
Per lyngsat yeah.
Yeah, per dish boxes.
Nope, pass through.

They are definitely a bit quirky to say the least.

Dish Network is working, so the answer is yes. :)

Was only using a single cable pass through from the DP34 and directly (without pass through) and it wouldn't work. I have a simple 22k A/B in there now and I get some stuff via Twinhan's software that TSReader doesn't pick up and visa/versa. Yet to get radio which is odd.

Using whatever was in there, manipulated it a few times with little success. (used circular, changed to 14350, matched up to lyngsat didn't help either). I know if I connect to 61.5 I should get that demo hd channel or at least show me locked dish network channels. Nadda.

Per lyngsat yeah.

Yeah, per dish boxes.

Nope, pass through.

There's your issue right there....the DP34. The frequencies are stacked and only on one polarity. I use legacy style LNB's so you'll have to consult some of the DP gurus around here.

You won't get the 61.5 demo channel. It's 8PSK modulation. There's a demo HD channel on 82W in QPSK modulation though.

Please tell us all about your setup so we can help you get it setup correctly.

And No, it doesn't need a bigger dish...it just needs a signal like any other DVB device.

Well as I said before the setup is working just fine with my other reciever. And here the details of my setup:
1. 2 LNBs with dual output ( one pointing to Nilesat and the other to Hotbird)
2. 2 Disecs ( one for the normal reciever and the other for the pc card)
3. 120 cm satellite dish
4. cables less than 15 meters

To clarify the problem. I scan and get channels and I can watch them clearly, but if I closed the software and reopened it I find it telling me that it cann't play the program or lock failed.

Also sometimes I can see Nilesat channels only, sometimes Hotbird only, sometimes both and sometimes nothing at all.

It looks like it has a mind of its own. I am totally confused :confused:

Last edited:
It is fairly well documented on some of the other boards that these cards have had some problems. Some are great and some stink (inconsistant quality control). I have had 2 (one which I never could get working and 1 that works pretty good).

While I believe a vast majority of the problems are setup related, there do appear to be quite a few cards with problems. I am running a 50% failure rate (on my somewhat limited experience :>)

And I have never gotten a reply from twinhan (I have e-mailed them several times).

c-ya
Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts