Can't lock 123-but can get 121/125

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
Ok-For some very weird reason I can't get quality of 123w.I thought I had it,but I had 121 instead (daystar)
I also have 125.So,why is it that I can't get 123w transpnder 11731 H 13240?
I was told in an earlier thread I should set lnb at 10600.I did that with no luck.
Does anybody else here get 123 and with what settings?

Daystar IS on 123, and I've never heard of it being on 121.

I have no trouble getting everything on 123 on a clear day.

What LNB do you have?

Lnb is a JSC321S-2 Universal 0.2dB Ku Digital LNB
I have several others that I have tried for 11731H13240 (cnn)
The reason I thought I was on 121 is I got a dish logo channel that states I'm aimed at the 121 location....so I just figured....
I have tried many differant lnb settings.I guess I could change the lnb.I have a ton of em'.Many differant types(singles,duels,linear,circular)
This transponder I'm after wouldn't be circular?It's suppose to scan as $channel four.When I see a $ sign,I usually take that as a dishnetwork channel,but I guess it could also be a directv channel as well.
Hmmm.Just wanting a little cnn for a change of pace.Hln is driving me crazy.Not much real news during prime time.

It's neither Dish nor Direct, and it's not circular. But I'm not sure if CNN is still on it or not, it comes and goes. Right now I have a blank screen, and I thought I had color bars the last time I checked.

You must be aimed between the two satellites, if you're picking up both Daystar and the Dish logo screen.

If you have a universal LNB, then 10600 is the correct setting. You have to have 22kHz turned on also.

CNN is on 87W Ku if you have a HD-capable receiver. I don't know if it's DVB-S2 or not because my receiver doesn't tell me that.

SouthofI-10,

Just to clarify for all those who read this thread:

For a universal LNBF, the correct setup is either "UNIVERSAL" or 9.750/10.600 GHz. Both or either must have the 22 KHz tone set to ON or AUTO.

When the 22 KHz tone is ON it activates the high band Local Oscillator (10.600 GHz). When the tone is OFF, the low band Local Oscillator (9.750 GHz) is active.

If you select the LNB setting as UNIVERSAL (or select the dual L.O. selection of 9.750/10.600) and set the 22 KHz tone ON, it will, or should, automatically turn the 22 KHz tone ON or OFF based upon the transponder frequency that is dialed in. This way you do not have to fuss with the settings of the 22 KHz tone for each transponder, consider ON as AUTOMATIC. ON is more akin to ENABLE in this case as the tone will be switched ON or OFF as needed without your intervention. The transponder frequency that is dialed in will control the tone.

If you set the L.O. to the single setting of 10.600 GHz, then you must have the 22 KHz tone set to ON in order to activate that local oscillator. The 22 KHz tone will then be ON all the time. The low band L.O. will never be enabled in this case. Since you are aiming at the region of the satellite arc that does not have any low band Ku signals you do not need the low side of the LNBF which is the 9.750 GHz L.O. (Local Oscillator).

It is Okay to select the single L.O. frequency of 10.600 GHz with the 22 KHz tone set to ON. That selects and enables the 10.600 GHz L.O. to access the high Ku band signals (only), which is acceptable for what you want in this particular scenario. In this range of the arc, there are no low band Ku signals, so you do not need the 9.750 GHz L.O. and it shall work just fine.

I posted this information just for a quick review. More info to come on 123.0°W.

RADAR

SouthofI-10,

These are the TPs that I detect from 123.0°W:

11727 H 72%
11731 H 73%
11772 V 58%
11776 V 88%
11848 V 82%
11943 V 80%
11952 V 81%
11965 V 48%
12005 H 74%
12022 H 82%
12077 V 68%

Some are strong signals and some are weak. The % that I indicated were the responses from my signal Q on an AZBox with a 1.2 M dish and Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.

RADAR

It's been a while since I checked but I know when my alignment was a little off I would pick up that Dish logo tp (from 121W) when I scanned 123W, it was pretty hot.

I got those channels scanned in,but still no quality on 11731.
I enjoyed reading the above-thanks-but when I put just 10600 my stb stays on auto-as it does with the universal setting of 9.750/10.600 GHz.I guess thats good. I'm using a openbox S10
I guess I'll set a dish to 87 and see if I can get cnn or 89 for channel 7 and others.
Thanks !!

I got those channels scanned in,but still no quality on 11731.
I enjoyed reading the above-thanks-but when I put just 10600 my stb stays on auto-as it does with the universal setting of 9.750/10.600 GHz.I guess thats good. I'm using a openbox S10
I guess I'll set a dish to 87 and see if I can get cnn or 89 for channel 7 and others.
Thanks !!

I tried to scan 11731 H using TP SCAN and the AZBox just zipped through it with no channels found. I restarted the scan, but this time I waited for the signal and quality meters to register before I hit SCAN. I pulled up four channels.

CHANNEL ONE (shows $ - scrambled)
CHANNEL TWO (shows $ - but can view the video / audio is silent)
CHANNEL THREE-VBA (ITC)
CHANNEL FOUR (shows $ - but can view color bars and test tone)

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.