Can't Pick Up Sat 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

no limit

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hello, I recently set up my dish at an apartment. I was able to position it so that I get sat 110 and 119 but I am not able to pick up 129. Under point dish menu 129 gives me a strong signal but it says that its picking up the wrong satellite, 110. Most of my channels work, but I can't pick up most of my HD channels. Any tips in getting this positioned properly would be greatly appreciated, I spent about 2 hours messing with it and continue to get the same error. I am in zip code 87111.

sat 129 is usually the hardest one to get and will have the lowest signal.
first of all do you have the right Dish you need a dish 1000 of a dish 1000.2
to pick up 110,119,129
since 129 is a pain in the ass make sure your dish is totally level
if you pick up 110 one 119 will be to the right of 110 and 129 will be to the right of 119
you will probably have to do a check switch also

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. This problem is driving me nuts.

I will try to cover them when I get home later today and see if the center one picks up 119. And get back to you with what I find.

So since 129 is picking up 110 and 110 and 119 work fine you don't think I need to move this dish up or down or adjust the rotation (I forget the technical terms for these, skew?) just need to move it to the right slightly? I have done that a few times and it ends up killing the singals completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)