Can't play back transferred recordings on either Hopper but new native recording playbak fine.

I just upgraded on November 1st from a 722 and migrated all unwatched programs from the 722 to an EHD. When the installer was here and we were about done I asked how to migrate from the EHD back to the Hopper ( I know that patmurphy has continually stated why move them) but since my wife isn't the best at dealing with change I thought it would be best to move the programs she watches back to the default view. He stated he'd never seen anyone transfer shows back & didn't know how it was done. I found the transfer setting and moved shows & demonstrated to him how easy it was. BIG MISTAKE now that I find the process if faulty.

I got no error messages during transfer from EHD to Hopper. We now have shows that were on originally on the 722, transferred to the EHD for the upgrade and moved back to the Hopper, and most are now returning an Error 04 message. Of course I don't get the error message unless I go into 'More Info' for the recording. If I just attempt to play the program nothing happens. I can hit stop or live tv and all I see is a blank screen. I can go back to the DVR menu but nothing else will work until I turn off the unit and turn it back on.

My Installer obviously hasn't hear of this issue but certainly will first thing Monday morning.

My issue is I've transferred over 70 episodes of shows that we haven't watched, some work, most don't. I notice that some of the episodes just state the show's name "The Mentalist" while other's list the episode title. I also see the original air date as being incorrect as stated above.
Is there anything I can do to get these recovered? I've tried sending them back to the EHD but of course it errors out doing that. I can't see spending over $50 on I-Tunes to get these lost episodes back and play them over my laptop via HDMI. It's a very tedious process.

I feel Dishnetwork owes me some type of recompense for this issue. ALL INSTALLERS SHOULD WARN CUSTOMERS NOT TO TRANSFER BACK TO THE HOPPER FROM THE EHD UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!!

I'd appreciate a reply by a DIRT member recommending a solution.

What am I to do now but shell out more money to get these shows back?

If the process isn't 100% safe, don't allow the transfer back to an EHD that could compromise the recording.

It's been a bug for months.

I don't know exactly how long, it could have been a day one bug. I first tried this in June and reported it. Unfortunately we have no idea where on the bug list this is.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.
I did call my installer and let them know about the issue and where to find more information, namely this site.
He stated they would add the problem to their weekly installer meeting notes.

Thanks.
I did call my installer and let them know about the issue and where to find more information, namely this site.
He stated they would add the problem to their weekly installer meeting notes.

You should also message someone at DIRT so that it continues to get reported to engineering.

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

I didn't see this before I posted, but I just went from a 922 to a Hopper and I can play back any shows recorded from my local networks(OTA or Dish), but I get message "This program is not available for viewing in your area." error code 743 when I try to play back a show from a Dish channel(HBO,USA, Etc.).

Got S230 last night and it fixed the issue I had with my EHD. I can now watch all of the shows I recorded from my VIP922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)