Can't program DTV remote for Magnavox TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

malicious_wish

Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Tx
First post so "Hi" to you all. :)

I just brought a Magnavox 27" tube tv/vcr/dvd player with digital tuner , CT270MW8. I have 'reset/erased' the old tv codes from my Directv remote and tried all codes for Magnavox,Phillips,code search, and all codes I have found online but none will make the DTV remote work the tv. I'm NOT trying to work the built in vcr or dvd player,I just want it to work the volume , mute , tv power.

It's connected to the DTV box (d11) with a/v cords and therefore the tv is set to aux ch for the tv to show up.

I don't know what else/other codes to try and it's driving me nuts lol. :eek:

I know the DTV remote has never worked any dvd player in the past and maybe since this tv has one built in that's the problem??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so very much in advance!

I just brought a Magnavox 27" tube tv/vcr/dvd player with digital tuner , CT270MW8. I have 'reset/erased' the old tv codes from my Directv remote and tried all codes for Magnavox,Phillips,code search, and all codes I have found online but none will make the DTV remote work the tv. I'm NOT trying to work the built in vcr or dvd player,I just want it to work the volume , mute , tv power.

It's connected to the DTV box (d11) with a/v cords and therefore the tv is set to aux ch for the tv to show up.

I know the DTV remote has never worked any dvd player in the past and maybe since this tv has one built in that's the problem??

Well if you can't program a remote, why are you online with this forum? Actually before DirecTV finished your install they should have done that for you, I mean programming your remote.
:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Excuse you,why the attitude? Had DTV for years now and know how to progam a remote. Problem is I can't find a code that works with the new tv. Jeeze!

You've hit the pitfall of all-in-one TV combos: they often use different IR control codes than their TV only counterparts.

Try the brute force programming method on the DIRECTV remote. It will take a long time to go through all the codes, but that's the price you pay for the convenience of an all-in-one solution.

You've hit the pitfall of all-in-one TV combos: they often use different IR control codes than their TV only counterparts.

Try the brute force programming method on the DIRECTV remote. It will take a long time to go through all the codes, but that's the price you pay for the convenience of an all-in-one solution.
That's what I was beginning to think. So by getting the wife the built in x-tras I have basically set myself up for using two remotes. Guess it's not the end of the world.

Thank you!

Some remotes you can do a manual search, it takes alot longer but often work .....
Problem is, I don't know if there is a way to do that with this style remote.

IF you interested, you may find luck with the variety of third party remotes, some of them may work.

Harmony, Logitech, Home Theater Remotes ect.

You might want to check the local Proffesional Audio / Video shop first, they would probably be able to show it to you and confirm it works before you have to buy it and find out it doesn't work.

Many of them have website you can go to , to program them, making it much easier to set up.

Jimbo

What remote do you have? Some D11s came with the RC16 no number in the upper left corner of the remote. This has the fewest number of prestored codes. The RC64 is the latest remote with the most codes but unless you have bought a new remote recently it is doubtful you have the RC64. Your TV is probably newer than you remote control and uses codes not stored in the old remote data base. You probably need to go to Ebay and buy a RC64 or call D* and order a RC64 from them. That won't gaurantee that the code will be stored in that remote but it does improve the odds.

What remote do you have? Some D11s came with the RC16 no number in the upper left corner of the remote. This has the fewest number of prestored codes. The RC64 is the latest remote with the most codes but unless you have bought a new remote recently it is doubtful you have the RC64. Your TV is probably newer than you remote control and uses codes not stored in the old remote data base. You probably need to go to Ebay and buy a RC64 or call D* and order a RC64 from them. That won't gaurantee that the code will be stored in that remote but it does improve the odds.

I thought that info was associated with the receiver itself ?

Will not work. Those remotes will not work with most TV/DVD combo's.

I thought that info was associated with the receiver itself ?
The list of codes is updatable on the receiver but the codes actually stored on the remote can't be updated. The green light won't blink twice if the code isn't recognized by the chip in the remote.:):):)

Will not work. Those remotes will not work with most TV/DVD combo's.

R23 remotes but looks like none of them are going to work on tv/dvd/combo units. I did call them today but they said they wouldn't gaurantee it to work so I'll just stick with the two remotes. Not really a big deal,just would have been nice if it had worked.

Thanks for the info though.

Some remotes you can do a manual search, it takes alot longer but often work .....
Problem is, I don't know if there is a way to do that with this style remote.

IF you interested, you may find luck with the variety of third party remotes, some of them may work.

Harmony, Logitech, Home Theater Remotes ect.

You might want to check the local Proffesional Audio / Video shop first, they would probably be able to show it to you and confirm it works before you have to buy it and find out it doesn't work.

Many of them have website you can go to , to program them, making it much easier to set up.

Jimbo

Yes it will do the code search and I went through it three times lol but no luck. I don't really want to buy another remote so I'll just stick with two for now. Thank you for all your info though!

Magnavox TV is Fungi crap from china walmart junk. Try the codes for fungi!

Hopefully better then the ILO walmart piece of crap I had before. Bought the extended warranty just in case though. :)

I've tried everything else so I'll give them a shot but looks like it'll be a no go since it's a tv/dvd,vcr combo. Live and learn I guess.

Thank you for your help.

Try code 20821 on either AV1 or AV2 device, then to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Try code 20821 on either AV1 or AV2 device, then to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

But then I would have to switch over to av1 or 2 just to work the volume right?

But then I would have to switch over to av1 or 2 just to work the volume right?

No, the last directions I posted punches through the volume from the av1 or av2 device to all other devices.

i'm taking for granted that there is some tv code programmed to the tv device, without one the volume keys won''t work. The code doesn't have to control your tv, it can be any brand's code.

No, the last directions I posted punches through the volume from the av1 or av2 device to all other devices.

i'm taking for granted that there is some tv code programmed to the tv device, without one the volume keys won''t work. The code doesn't have to control your tv, it can be any brand's code.

Interesting,I'll check it out later.

Thanks!

I have a Panasonic TV/VCR combo and I have to use a Panasonic VCR code to work the power and volume controls on the TV. Either a DVD or VCR code listed under magnavox will probably work the TV's power and volume.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)