Can't program RC66X remote to Olevia TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My sister has an Olevia TV and a RC66X remote. Her remote worked with the Olevia TV before, and after the change to the new house it doesn't work. I asked her if it's the same remote. She said yes. :/ I tried all the codes for Olevia, and it didn't work. I also tried RCA, and Yahama codes.

Does anyone know what other codes could be used?

The codes should be saved if it is the same remote. How many remotes does she have from Directv?

I agree, if it worked at the old home and got moved to the new home, as long as your dealing with the same TV and same recvr, theres no reason it shouldn't work.

If you haven't already, give these a try: 11610 11240 11331 11144. Also, it's a long shot but Emerson acquired the brand name rights for Olevia after a bankruptcy settlement so try Emerson and Funai codes as well.

You can try the scan method if none of those codes mentioned above work. Turn on the TV and DirecTV receiver. Switch the remote to the TV setting. Press and hold both the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice, then release the buttons. Enter 9-9-1. The green light will flash 2 times - you are now in scan mode. Press the CHAN/PG UP button while pointing the remote at the TV. Each time you press and release the CHAN/PG UP button the remote will advance to the next code. Continue to slowly press and release the button until the TV turns off then immediately press and release the SELECT button. This will lock the code into the remote and you will be able to control the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)