Can't record can't download guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rabyf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
panama
i am in panama and my dish is on sat 77 because a want the network and here is the only option and i get signal but cant download the guide therefore cant record any sugestions
the signal strength is 45 i used to be in 61.5 and the signal was weaker but somehow it worked fine untill dish changed all in 61.5
please help any sugestion

Yep that's your problem. You can't have just 77 and get the guide info. However you should be able to record using a manual timer. Nowhere near as good as the guide timers, but if that's all you got, better than nothing.

can i move the dish to doawnload the guide from 110 or 119 and then move back
how is the manual timer

You can't because you will have to do a new Check switch each time you move the Dish. Once you go back to get 77 you have do the check switch for the receiver to see that satellite after you come back from 119. When you do that the guide info will be gone. Beyond that, I don't know if locals from the Eastern ARC that are not at all on the Western ARC would have guide data on 119
For the manual timer go to timers and Manual Timer is an option. It allows recording by date and time.

Keep in mind the available networks on 77 may not be there much longer. No one knows for sure if any will remain.

I might have some other suggestions depending on your answers;
Can you get two satellites at the same time? 61.5 and 77 would work?

If not, if you get 119 (and stay on it) you could get AAD networks, San Francisco and New York. (All or any you want) It would be SD only. Can you see 110 also? If so you could get channels from those two satellites including the networks from AAD.
http://www.allamericandirect.com/

no i cant get 61.5 in panama
110 and 119 are an option the only HUGE setback is that the network are in sd
I tried to plug 77 in one tuner and 119 in the other tuner at the same time and it gets me an error and no guide at all

i was checking and the only option is 119 but everything is in sd any chance they will change that in the future

What city do you get from 77 now?

I tried to plug 77 in one tuner and 119 in the other tuner at the same time and it gets me an error and no guide at all

So you have two satellites, and see 119 and 77 at the same time? If so, what you tried won't work but you can combine the signal of the two satellites and get both on your receiver, on both your tuners. Would give you more than just 77 does. As I said I don't believe it would get you the local networks in the guide, but I'm not sure if there is a city on the 77 satellite that is also on the WA.......

Last edited:
If your using DP LNBs you could use a DP34 with 2 lines from the DP34 into the dual tuner. What networks are you getting off 77 if they aren't duplicated on WA you won't have guide information.

the networks from kensigtong kentuky i dont know what lnb is on the dish i just tried to hook up 2 cables to 2 tuners from 2 difren dishes but nothing

the networks from kensigtong kentuky i dont know what lnb is on the dish i just tried to hook up 2 cables to 2 tuners from 2 difren dishes but nothing

You're not doing it right. You need a switch.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Unfortunately for you it appears Lexington Kentucky will no longer be on 77. They added them to 61.5 and best guess is they will be removed from 77. Also bad news there will be no guide data on 119 because those locals are not on that ARC.

For long term stability, it would appear your best bet is go with SD locals from NY and/or San Francisco with AAD from 119 and add 110 for the most programming you can get. There will be a few channels in HD if your program package gets them, such as USA, SYFI, HBO on 300, TNT, ESPN on 140 and probably whatever local Sports (RSN) there is. There's one or two more from packages like BB.
If you add 110, you will also get in HD depending on your package, COOK, DIY, STYLE, HIST2, Hallmark Movie Channel, AMERICA(Channel 194) Velocity (Not sure if in BB still or a regular package) Universal Movies in BB, CI channel, Showtime East, TMC East, Encore East, Starz West, SONY and PIXL in BB, FOX Soccer.
I probably missed a couple, and remember some are in additional packages like BB and obviously some like HBO etc are in the premium movie packages.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)