neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Claro, DISH team on bundled services
By CB Online Staff
cbnews@caribbeanbusinesspr.com; cbprdigital@gmail.com

Claro and DISH Puerto Rico, the island’s largest telecommunications and pay-TV providers respectively, announced today that they have entered into a partnership to offer customers bundled services including DISH’s pay-TV and Claro’s Internet, wireless and telephone services, conveniently on a single bill.
Bundled services will be sold at select Claro and DISH retail locations in Puerto Rico beginning in mid-August.

“The alliance of these two powerhouse brands will expand the choices available to customers in Puerto Rico,” said Joseph P. Clayton, DISH president and chief executive officer.

“With this new alliance, we join Dish’s experience as a satellite provider with our telecommunications, entertainment and connectivity services. Claro is reaffirmed as leader in telecommunications and entertainment with the most extensive coverage in the Island,” said Enrique Ortiz de Montellano, Claro president and CEO.

The partnership will launch in mid-August with a multi-faceted marketing campaign. Both companies will release more information including consumer offerings at that time.

“Our businesses complement each other to provide access to the best entertainment, sports news and information, as well as a connection to family and friends,” added Alfredo Rodriguez, DISH vice president for Latino marketing. “Consumers can now choose from a complete menu to meet their technology needs, and bundle it all on one bill at an affordable price.”
http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/claro-dish-team-on-bundled-services-86933.html

Thats actually good if you can save a few bucks by being an existing customer. I currently pay $88 for Dish and $45 for 3mbps DSL + Unlimited phone + 1mbps upload. If by bundling I can save at least $10 I'll be golden. The problem is Claro... their internet prices SUCK and the maximum upload speeds they sell is 1mbps. Once my contract is up I'm thinking of switching to Osnet(WISP) or OneLink in search for better upload speeds for dish anywhere.

since DMAX changed to Claro's hands, the internet from that company became the worst internet service in the island. also, why do i need a landline number to get dsl from claro? that only rockets the prices more since i need to pay for landline services too. so, dish, bundling with claro is the worst thing you can do. claro is offering IPTV and satellite services too with clarotv, i don't know what dish we're thinking!

since DMAX changed to Claro's hands, the internet from that company became the worst internet service in the island. also, why do i need a landline number to get dsl from claro? that only rockets the prices more since i need to pay for landline services too. so, dish, bundling with claro is the worst thing you can do. claro is offering IPTV and satellite services too with clarotv, i don't know what dish we're thinking!

Exactly my thinking also. Why dish needs to partner with claro when claro already launch their iptv + sat tv. Plus as you mentioned I don't need their landline but they force it for dsl causing dsl prices to go much higher.

With onelink poor internet, liberty still haven't completrd the takeover of onelink, and claro high dsl rates....I disconnected mine hsi. Only on mobile & realized that I haven't missed hsi at all.

Its just that the customer saves a little bit of money by having services from both companies in his home.

Claro TV is a joke, they're almost giving it away with phone + internet since nobody wants it! I heard rumors of them dumping it and sticking with IPTV in the future.
Every time I call customer service they're like "Get our tv service with us, its nice and cheap!!!" I just got to the point where I can't see myself having TV service other than Dish.

I have a friend who pays $50-$60 a month for OneLink basic cable on all of his TVs (5 or 6) and hes was always dissing me for paying almost $90 for Dish. When he came over and played with the hopper he finally shut his mouth and hasn't bothered me since ;)

I agree their internet is the worst but it was that or OneLink which had the 40gb cap at the time I signed up. As a web dev in a family of 4 with my 2 kids being heavy users, I would have blown past that in a heartbeat. Thankfully the cap is now gone so I'm jumping ship for OneLink or OSnet.

http://www.tecnetico.com/45278/excl...te-y-trae-como-refuerzo-a-dish-segun-fuentes/

Last edited:
Claro TV Sat will disappear in a couple of months thats why they got the deal with Dish. IPTV does not cover the Island

Yup, the IPTV thing from Claro is mostly hype to me, now if it were coming from a more reputable company then I would be interested. Who knows maybe Claro will finally get something right. ;)

I just got a mailer from OneLink stating their new prices once the Liberty merger is complete on August. Basically $60 for 10mbps/1mbps up + unlimited phone + cable(wouldn't really use it since I prefer dish). is better than $45 for 3mbps/1mbps up and phone.

Yup, the IPTV thing from Claro is mostly hype to me, now if it were coming from a more reputable company then I would be interested. Who knows maybe Claro will finally get something right. ;)

I just got a mailer from OneLink stating their new prices once the Liberty merger is complete on August. Basically $60 for 10mbps/1mbps up + unlimited phone + cable(wouldn't really use it since I prefer dish). is better than $45 for 3mbps/1mbps up and phone.

That's what I was talking about. Once liberty take over is complete the price is much better. Onelink gives 4mb for 60 now. But under new price it's 10mb. But will still stay away from hsi at home for the moment & save that money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts