Locals Question

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
If in your city your locals are on two different satellites, which satellite will be utilized to pick up your locals? For instance, if your locals are on a spotbeam on the 61.5 bird, and on a conus beam on the 77 bird, which bird would be the default bird for the locals to be picked up from?

Where do you see the same locals of the same type (HD or SD) on different satellites on the same ARC? (SD and HD can/will be on different satellites.)

The latest round of locals to be moved to spotbeam on 61.5 (for example, Little Rock), are still active on CONUS 77. I'm sure the CONUS ones will be going away soon.

I didn't realize they are still active. No doubt those will be gone soon. I see the question now. Most likely 61.5 because that will scan first on most EA set-ups.

And to add to that, I now realize why I get a few channels from 119 and all the rest from 72 or 61.5. My receiver scans 119 first. (I have both ARC's not 129 and one only two at a time either 118 119 or 110 ) Any HD CONUS channel on 119 is in my guide. Channels such as HBO, SYFI, USA...... All others come from 72. (or 61.5)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts