Can't save bill to .pdf form anymore

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
For those with paperless billing, when I log into my account I can't save my bill in pdf form anymore.

I click the "convert to pdf" button and go to File, Save Page As (I'm using Firefox 12.0) and it saves it as an html file. When I change the file extension to .pdf and then open it with Adobe it says the file is damaged.

Anyone know here how to convert the bill to .pdf form? It used to work for me every month but Dish Network changed something with their website.

Have you checked your Firefox Add-ons Manager to ensure you have the Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF installed and enabled? I have version 1.2 on mine and it works fine in 32-bit Firefox. It is not compatible, and it does not work, with 64-bit Firefox.

Another option is to install "PDF Creator". It will appear as a printer that you select and instead of spitting out a piece of paper, it creates a PDF file.

Somewhat off-topic: Changing the file's extension manually will NEVER work, for ANY file format.

Another option is to install "PDF Creator". It will appear as a printer that you select and instead of spitting out a piece of paper, it creates a PDF file.

Somewhat off-topic: Changing the file's extension manually will NEVER work, for ANY file format.

When I choose "Convert To PDF" my statement downloads as "loadStatement.do". I change the ".do" to PDF. Works every time.

I just tried (using firefox with no fancy pdf converters or anything).. Go to the Dish website and view your bill (My Account -> My Billing... "View" button next to Bill History). After you click that 'view' button a new window/tab will appear and at the top there is a button to 'convert to pdf' when you click that it gives you the option to download/save.

Also, in Acrobat reader, you can 'save a copy' of any file that is open with permission to do so.

I just tried (using firefox with no fancy pdf converters or anything).. Go to the Dish website and view your bill (My Account -> My Billing... "View" button next to Bill History). After you click that 'view' button a new window/tab will appear and at the top there is a button to 'convert to pdf'

Yup, I got up to here. I clicked "convert to pdf".

when you click that it gives you the option to download/save.

But I don't see this anywhere. This doesn't happen for me.

When I choose "Convert To PDF" my statement downloads as "loadStatement.do". I change the ".do" to PDF. Works every time.

I tried that as well. When I go to File, Save Page As, it'll try to save is as "viewPastStatement.do.htm". I changed .htm to .pdf and also tried changing .do.htm to just .pdf. No luck on both tries. It just changes it to a 1 KB file of pretty much nothing.

Have you checked your Firefox Add-ons Manager to ensure you have the Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF installed and enabled? I have version 1.2 on mine and it works fine in 32-bit Firefox. It is not compatible, and it does not work, with 64-bit Firefox.

Okay how do I find this? When I go to Tools, Add-ons, Plugins, I see Adobe Acrobat 10.1.3.23 (Adobe PDF Plug-In for Netscape 10.1.3) there. I don't see anything that says Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF. When I search for it through the Get Add-ons tab there are 38 results and none of them is "Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF".

I tried that as well. When I go to File, Save Page As, it'll try to save is as "viewPastStatement.do.htm". I changed .htm to .pdf and also tried changing .do.htm to just .pdf. No luck on both tries. It just changes it to a 1 KB file of pretty much nothing.

Just changing the extension does nothing to change the document. It's still in htm format.

I just looked at my bill. After you go "View Bill" do you see "Convert to PDF button at the top? After I selected that button, the embedded Adobe opened up the bill in a pdf view. From there you would select the Save button to save as a pdf. Looks like your ski9pping something or don't have a pdf viewer installed. Are you getting a message at the top of the screen that FF prevented Dish from opening another window? If so, clink on the change options and let
Dish open another window.

In Firefox 12, When I click on "Convert To PDF" I get a Firefox pop up titled "Opening loadStatement.do" It then reads: You have chosen to open loadStatement.do which is a: PDF Complete Document from https://my.dish.com. What should Firefox do with this file? It gives me two choices: Open with..... or Save File. "Save File" is already chosen by default. I click the "OK" button and the file saves to my default save location. I never get the .htm extension when doing this.

Alright, I finally figured it out by experimenting with Opera (but just saw it works on Firefox also).

If I go the bottom of the very last page of my bill after I click the "Convert to PDF" button a horizontal menu with symbols flashes on and when I click the floppy disk icon I can save the bill in .pdf form.

Anyways thanks for the help guys.

In Firefox 12, When I click on "Convert To PDF" I get a Firefox pop up titled "Opening loadStatement.do" It then reads: You have chosen to open loadStatement.do which is a: PDF Complete Document from https://my.dish.com. What should Firefox do with this file? It gives me two choices: Open with..... or Save File. "Save File" is already chosen by default. I click the "OK" button and the file saves to my default save location. I never get the .htm extension when doing this.
You should have gotten a "Downloads" window" that opens. You should see the pdf file. Right click on it and select open.

I'm also running FF 12. Go to Tools/Option/Applications and see how it set to handle Adobe files. Mine says "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)