Can't see EHD help

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I am getting two new Hopper with Sling today.
i want to move 600 GB of movies to an EHD.
i pluged in my EHD in front USB then in back and my Hopper 2K would not see it. Plugged in a full EHD and after an hour it appeared. So I plug in the EHD with room on it, wait overnight, and still no EHD. How can I convince the H2K to see the EHD so I can move my programs?

Try powering down both EHD and Hopper (pull plug). Turn Hopper back on, THEN, the EHD. Has the EHD been formatted?

The EHD is self powered it has been formatted and has programming on it from the other Hopper. This is the first time I am connecting an EHD to THIS Hopper.
I am using an adapter device where you drop a bare drive into a slot in the device where it connects to the device. It is powered by a wall wart and connected by USB 2. It did show me a different hard drive but there was not enough space available on that drive to move anything to it.

I read in another thread that if you search for something specific that you know is on the missing hard drive it may appear.

The EHD is self powered it has been formatted and has programming on it from the other Hopper. This is the first time I am connecting an EHD to THIS Hopper.
I am using an adapter device where you drop a bare drive into a slot in the device where it connects to the device. It is powered by a wall wart and connected by USB 2. It did show me a different hard drive but there was not enough space available on that drive to move anything to it.

I have two of those bare drive docks, and it is easy to think you have seated it properly, but often it's not. You really have to jam them down, FWIW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)