Can't use HD local sat?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Have a Dish 1000, 110,119,129 SD locals are on the main sat. HD locals are on 61.5 which I do not have because of no line of site. Question is. Will Dish feed me any HD locals that may be on the sats I can receive. Live out in the sticks between Madison and Milwaukee WI. I have an ANT which works well but the added HD content would be nice with the DVR thanks.

No, dish is unable to offer you any locals that are not in your own DMA. That is a mandated thing, not under their control. It is not their fault that you are unable to get line of sight to 61.5. You are lucky that you are able to receive your local HD channels OTA.

Take look at the list

Have a Dish 1000, 110,119,129 SD locals are on the main sat. HD locals are on 61.5 which I do not have because of no line of site. Question is. Will Dish feed me any HD locals that may be on the sats I can receive. Live out in the sticks between Madison and Milwaukee WI. I have an ANT which works well but the added HD content would be nice with the DVR thanks.

See if there are any locals on the 3 sat you get that may cover your area. If so then "move" to that area. Chk tp 10 129 and see if it goes to spot when you tune that channel. If it does and there is good strength then the spot for La Crosse or Wausau, WI (Wausau, WI also has it SD's on that bird) is good to "move" to. You would loose you SD locals but if you can pick up OTA then the guide will fill will fill in on those.

Last edited: