Can't watch live TV via Dishanywhere with Firefox?

docdaddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I'm living away from home at the moment (new job in a new state, temp living in an apartment until we sell the house and buy a new one in the new location.) I want to watch TV from our Dish receiver (Hopper 3) while in this apartment. Cool, that's what Dishanywhere is made for. Hook my notebook computer up via HDMI to the TV in the apartment, internet is good in the apartment (125/125) - I can access the Guide, DVR, etc. I can even delete programs from the DVR (though that is kinda clunky.)

However, when I go to watch a live show or recorded show, I get a message that my browser is unsupported. I'm using the latest version of Firefox Quantum. Do I really need to install Chrome or something else just to use Dishanywhere on my PC?

I'm living away from home at the moment (new job in a new state, temp living in an apartment until we sell the house and buy a new one in the new location.) I want to watch TV from our Dish receiver (Hopper 3) while in this apartment. Cool, that's what Dishanywhere is made for. Hook my notebook computer up via HDMI to the TV in the apartment, internet is good in the apartment (125/125) - I can access the Guide, DVR, etc. I can even delete programs from the DVR (though that is kinda clunky.)

However, when I go to watch a live show or recorded show, I get a message that my browser is unsupported. I'm using the latest version of Firefox Quantum. Do I really need to install Chrome or something else just to use Dishanywhere on my PC?

Unfortunately Chrome is the only one that works right now. Hopefully they'll add Firefox support very soon.

Hmmm, installed Chrome (have run it in the past, but not on this newer notebook) and it starts up with a couple of Russian links in the links bar and a couple of Russian extensions installed. Never seen that before, not sure I'm comfortable with that. May uninstall and try Vivaldi.

Was the error like the one I just posted in this thread?

Problem with DishAnywhere at certain location
I posted this on that thread:

The biggest problem I am having with the new Dish Anywhere, is that it frequently shows the Hopper as "Offline" and the reconnect button does nothing. I have to reboot the Hopper to get it going. Maybe the problem is that your Hopper at home needs to be rebooted.

Reactions: TheKrell
BTW. I just tried again and got the "receiver offline". So THIS time I tried logging out of Dish Anywhere and immediately logging back in. That worked! I'm guessing that is like clearing your cache.
Funny, I just answered with the same fix in that other thread...

I posted this on that thread:

The biggest problem I am having with the new Dish Anywhere, is that it frequently shows the Hopper as "Offline" and the reconnect button does nothing. I have to reboot the Hopper to get it going. Maybe the problem is that your Hopper at home needs to be rebooted.

Well, all I did was switch to Chrome and it worked fine. FWIW.

BTW. I just tried again and got the "receiver offline". So THIS time I tried logging out of Dish Anywhere and immediately logging back in. That worked! I'm guessing that is like clearing your cache.
I get that every day, have to log out and back in and then it's fine, til the next day - using Chrome on my PC. The reason only Chrome is supported is because DA is going through a major overhaul. Once it's all set, I'm sure more browsers will be supported - I hope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)