Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

Not sure how this thread got closed, but it is open again. Staff can close a thread by just clicking on the thread graphic to the left. Its possible I or another staff member inadvertently clicked it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Yes it was. Perhaps you simply didn't like what it made people think about.

So Bicklet, what did it make you think about? Share your infinite wisdom with us. Tell us where we went wrong with our opinions. We want you to tell us so we might not make the same mistakes again.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not that shocked that they canceled it, but that they yanked it immediately is a bit of a surprise...not even running the last 5 episodes until sometime next year??? By doing that, they're cementing the "who cares?" attitude that they began with the immensely long delay between the first and second halves of the show...

I tried watching the latest episode today, because my curiosity got peaked. Could not make it 15 minutes. A story has a beginning, middle and end. This show had none of the latter two.

Hahahaha, this quote had me rolling...
Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming and co-head of content for Universal Cable Productions, said in a statement from the network. "Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, 'Caprica' has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season."
No, it was because of it's quality (or lack thereof) that people didn't like it.
Several were calling it Crapica from day one.

I laughed at Big Bang Theory last night when they talked about "Caprica night" - it was clear that the show's writers were thinking they are too cool, when there is NO WAY that Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, and Wolowitz would actually Like Craprica. And even more funny because it had just been cancelled.

instead there should have been a long monologue about everything that is wrong with it, starting with how there is too much exposition and too little action. :D

Bicker, your name-sake is well suited.
It's a family name. :shrug:

I am sure there will be plenty of other similar SyFy shows to appeal to your taste.
No doubt.

If not there is always Glee.
Our family loves Glee, as well.

So Bicker, what did it make you think about?
Your question was phrased so sarcastically that it doesn't deserve a substantive reply.

Tell us where we went wrong with our opinions.
No one said you went wrong with your opinions. What I wrote speculated that perhaps some folks didn't like what the show was presenting - implying that they had personal animosity toward the themes (rather than their assertion, that, essentially, there were no themes), which prevented them from enjoying the series as much as our family did.

Your question was phrased so sarcastically that it doesn't deserve a substantive reply.

No. It was a earnest question, spurred by the fact you saw something in it that the rest of us obviously did not. What?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and we'll see how on-the-level you are about that.

My wife and I felt that the characters were very well developed and we especially enjoyed how multidimensional some of the characters were, dealing with the conflicts between noble intentions and flaws at times, dealing with guilt, both earned and otherwise. We also liked the way the series took on the issue of religion and belief, and presented the perspective of how an alternative is viewed by established institutions.

Now, you don't have to agree with how and why we thought the show was thoughtful and thought-provoking. I trust that you'll simply respect that people disagree with you about the show's quality (just like I respect that there were simply too few of us who recognized and acknowledged Caprica's strengths), and leave it at that, instead of going back to your sarcastic stance and belying your claim of earnestness.

I can see some of that. Fine, except for your last sentence which was totally unnecessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts