Captiveworks CW 3000?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I have a captive works CW 3000 REV 1 Media center and I love it but its not for beginners as FTA has been a Hobby of mine since the late 1980s and a computer geek of sorts I guess one could call me. dislike windows always did I have always stuck with Unix based systems and apple and Linux,

My kids are a different story they rather stay with windows with all the blue screens crashes and the need of virus scans, Cant talk them away from window systems well thats another story

I am looking for a way to get the CW3000 on the DVB S2 with out spending a whole lot, cant find any skywalker products as genpix told me they no longer make anything for the CW3000

Since the CW is Linux Based would one of the PCI cards work that now accepts Linux or a DVB S2 USB set top box with the Linux drivers, if not I think I would be better off just buying a DVB S2 FTA receiver, but I like the CW 3000 a lot
The CW4000 are nice but still pricey and not a whole lot different then the CW 3000 except for bigger processor and the Genpix DVB S2 card installed already

any ideas of what will work with the PCI cards or USB set top boxes that is not genpix

pretty much if there are native linux drivers for the cards it will work with the 3k or 4k... u just dont get support... i had a 3k setup at one time... they are a pain in the butt to keep up if done from "scratch"

I was just reading something about the CW3000 earlier today. Apparently they are using the skywalker 1 or 2, but get this --
with windows drivers. With the dried-up support, people are running Windows7 on the Captiveworks 3000/4000 and using something called media portal.

Interesting, Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)