CaptiveWorks CW-600S

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hey ice.. any idea if the company that makes this unit are going to support it in the future...fortec killed theirs, no more updates for it which acutally stinks cause i bought one and don't want to run into that problem again. really considering the captiveworks 600 and would like your input. thanks, jeff out.

I think Captiveworks will support the product. I have seen a couple upgrades for the unit so far

True or false? I need to know.

I have a Fortec Classic NA that I hope to receive this week. I purchased it for the Blind Scan or Power Search (Whichever Classic calls it) function.

The Captive Works 600 here does have some nice features. BUT, does it really have Blind Scan? I just posted this question in the Viewsat Extreme review too.

I keep hearing that much of the claimed Blind Scan abilities of these more powerful receivers is a lie. I don't know, I don't have access to one. But what I am hearing, many of them, including the Extreme, don't really have any Blind Scan and if you delete all the TP's you find it is only scanning the listed TP's with its software Blind Scan Feature. Again, I don't really know. But I sure would like to know for sure.

If this CW receiver here really has a Blind Scan feature that works it would be a nice choice.

No blind scan on the Captive works. There is a software upgrade for it (supposedly) and all it did was screw up my box forcing a reboot. There is not a true blind scan on the CW600 yet.

Iceberg, great review on the Captive CW -600S but I have a couple of questions,
1. How do you get so many channels in the picture on your review after I scanned the 110 and 119 I only got 2 FTA active channels all the rest are scrambled. How do I un scramble?
2. do I have to download a new bin file?
Thanks in advance.

joel33852 said:
Iceberg, great review on the Captive CW -600S but I have a couple of questions,
1. How do you get so many channels in the picture on your review after I scanned the 110 and 119 I only got 2 FTA active channels all the rest are scrambled. How do I un scramble?
well, lets see...BECAUSE I AM NOT STEALING DISH NETWORK! I AIM AT SATELLITES THAT GET LEGAL FREE TO AIR PROGRAMMING

2. do I have to download a new bin file?
Thanks in advance.
dont know...dont care...dont give a rats ass

congratulations...you are number 31 on the banned list :)

Iceberg said:
I like the 5000 the best (IMO)

the blind scan is very fast compared to the Fortec (like at least twice as fast)
Pansat's 2700a Blind scan is not too bad neither, eh? :)

But ya.. - Coolsat 5000 is pretty nice unit...

BTW - Coolsat should have 6000 one pretty soon.. if not already

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)