Carbon UI email from dish

tallfence, How do you like the new interface? Any problems?

I don't like it.
-My HWSes are slower.
-No HD subscribed option in guide. However my HWS kept that option after switching to CUI until I changed to All subscribed to look for something.
-No 4X fast forward or rewind. 15X is too fast for me sometimes.
-A lot of times when I turn them on I have to OK a box that displays telling me I connected a USB device.
-More key presses to do most things.
--To delete a recording I just watched I have to get to the buttons at the top of the box that pops up, which may require scrolling through a bunch of recordings of the same show I haven't watched yet, scroll over to Delete (and hope I'm deleting the one I want).
--Instead of just pressing the yellow key to sort timers I have to Press the red key, press Select, scroll to the sort I want, press Cancel.

Reactions: Tony S and Hall
S542 changes the closed captioning to allow change of font sizes and color of fonts. Maybe this meets the requirements that Dish was deficient in. They already have a color button to turn CC on and off. That could be why S542 was rushed to market, since Dish could not change all the HWS over to the CUI by Dec 22nd.
You can see this in the Help screen under What's New.

In reading your FCC link listed above, I could not determine what exactly was required, since it was written by lawyers for only other lawyers to understand.

1) Yeap
2) Personally didn't impact me and maybe not others. The "subscribed" filter along with "hide SD duplicates" setting gives the same result.
3) Yes - Dish, put the 4X option back
4) n/a
5) It's worse with the Hopper 3 remote too
6) I seem to recall what you're referring to but that may change. The Hopper 3 behaves better on this screen, I think. The Hopper 1 and 2 will get updated software and catch up.
7) n/a

I don't like it.
-My HWSes are slower.
-No HD subscribed option in guide. However my HWS kept that option after switching to CUI until I changed to All subscribed to look for something.
-No 4X fast forward or rewind. 15X is too fast for me sometimes.
-A lot of times when I turn them on I have to OK a box that displays telling me I connected a USB device.
-More key presses to do most things.
--To delete a recording I just watched I have to get to the buttons at the top of the box that pops up, which may require scrolling through a bunch of recordings of the same show I haven't watched yet, scroll over to Delete (and hope I'm deleting the one I want).
--Instead of just pressing the yellow key to sort timers I have to Press the red key, press Select, scroll to the sort I want, press Cancel.
Thanks for the info! I am afraid that I will feel the same way about the CUI. I am still kind of hoping that I never get the new CUI, but I know that I am probably just dreaming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Similar to the requirement for Braille at drive up banking.....

I do not see too many blind drivers but I have seen blind passengers in the back seat use drive up ATMs. Personally I would have exempted the drive up ones but it might nit have saved any $ to it.

No uplinks until New Year probably means we are safe from getting the CUI for now. I talked to advanced tech concerning loss of signal and they said the new interface would go on new units but existing customers could keep our old interface.

No uplinks until New Year probably means we are safe from getting the CUI for now. I talked to advanced tech concerning loss of signal and they said the new interface would go on new units but existing customers could keep our old interface.
Thanks for the info.

Scott said that Dish was going into holiday lockdown. I can't visualize them pushing out any software when they are in holiday lockdown. Companies don't make huge changes that affect their customers when they have limited staff to respond to the resulting issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)