Carbon UI Issues Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DVR button brings up DVR screen. Form there, if you select the "Schedule" tab and then highlight a scheduled program, the only ways to get back to the other DVR options are to either cancel and start over, or, scroll back through all the previously scheduled programs until you are able to "Up Button" to the other DVR options.

Has anyone found the Tests menu? The one that has View Counters, Test Connection, etc.
Try under the Diagnostics screen. There is a list on the left-hand side that you can move through. There are also buttons on the right-hand screen that obviously change based on the menu. This is just a guess as I'm not in front of my receiver at the moment.

So I've been downloading for two hours. It's slowly moving pixel by pixel. I have no idea why it went so fast up to this point now crawling.

The Input button on the 40.0 remote functions as the swap button as well. On the subject of Swapping, where as the swap feature used to swap tuners and bring up video instantaneously , there now seems to be delay similar to when changing channels.

Try under the Diagnostics screen. There is a list on the left-hand side that you can move through. There are also buttons on the right-hand screen that obviously change based on the menu. This is just a guess as I'm not in front of my receiver at the moment.
I am not seeing it in the Diagnostics screen. I am looking for the Counters, the one that has the temps, remote control battery voltage, FscK date & time, etc, etc. I am sure it must be someplace in the new UI, just can't seem to find it.

I have noticed the weather nation app will not load you get a message on the screen that dish is aware of the problem and they are working on it. but the weather channel app loads.More later

So it seems if you have two HWS and "do it" on one, it goes to both. Or did I misunderstand an earlier post?

Mind you, I have no intentions of trying this. Happy to watch others catch a few arrows in their backs.

I've unplugged all of my Joey's. I have two HWS, it's doing the same thing on both. It will eventually say the receiver is off-duty that software S529 is up to date and update the guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is doing the same thing. After hitting download now, it went to the sleep screen and then rebooted. After booting back up it sat on the sleep screen for another minute or two and rebooted again. After booting up the second time it said it was up to date and downloaded the guide again, I let it sit there for over an hour and no change. I have tried 3 times and all identical. I have no Joey's and nothing was recording.

I'm curious about the DVR setup. So far, the only generic folders that appear are PTAT & Rentals. All movies recorded live are now clustered in the main DVR screen along with other content. I created a new folder, named it "Movies" and moved all movies into the new folder. All works fine except, the movies continue to clutter the main DVR screen as well as, also being present within the created Movie folder. Deleting a movie from the DVR page also deletes it from the created folder.

Now, this may well be a glitch but as is, the folder option is worthless since it merely adds an additional item to the DVR screen and removes none. Surely the more evolved version of the software will (or perhaps, has) corrects this.

One add thing I miss is the broadband speed test - the only thing I see in this regard now is wifi connection status & strength.

I plugged my EHD in and the HWS recognized it but there's no icon in the menu to load or unload it and when I turned the EHD off the hopper rebooted for some reason.

Okay so here's my situation. Earlier today at 1pm I started the download. It went great until 90% and hung. I waited for over 4 hours and it never finished. I stopped the download and the box rebooted. Ever since when I go to the download now option to try to restart the download it reboots a couple times and just does a guide update and that's it. I've made sure my super Joey and Joey are in stand by. I've did a pull plug reboot on the hws. Any ideas?

I am not seeing it in the Diagnostics screen. I am looking for the Counters, the one that has the temps, remote control battery voltage, FscK date & time, etc, etc. I am sure it must be someplace in the new UI, just can't seem to find it.
Go to settings use the down button go to the bottom of the page its hiding but the counters are not there.They are gone I suspect they are in one of the newer versions...

Reactions: charlesrshell
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Family Room Hoppr took two attempts to download. Bedroom Hopper after four attempts would not download. Will try again tomorrow.

It's gonna take some getting used too. So far I like the new look.

In the "schedule", programming is being listed by the program episode name and not the program title. So I have a whole list of "pilots" and sorting through the schedule is a pain.

Been ping ponging between two HwS's, one with the CUI and one with the old UI and as much as I hated it, I'm really liking the old one now. Part of what I do is design UI's, did one for DISH years ago that is like the CUI, and this is my design style, but I'm not liking this one.

On a lighter note . . .
Hi, my name is actually FarmerBob and I am a Nerd/Geek and am addicted to the latest and greatest, even if it's an alpha release. I regret installing this. If this forum had been around yesterday, it would have had the info that asked for in the "whacked" one and been enough to discourage me. I accept my fate and will rock with it. Thank you.

Thanks guys for the info and the help. It's greatly appreciated. And thanks Scott for making Lemon-aid from a lemon. I only hope that DISH appreciates and utilizes the feedback that comes from all of the forums here.

I have a HWS with one SuperJoey and one EHD. The HWS has some problems with the hard drive so Dish is shipping me another HWS. Should be here by the end of next week.

So, until my new HWS arrives, I thought maybe I'd go for the download and help test out the new Carbon UI on my old machine while I still have it. If I screw something up, at least I know that another HWS is going to be on the way.

My question is whether I should unplug my EHD before doing the button sequence to trigger the upgrade? I also have an important timer recording already set for early Saturday afternoon. Any chance that the Carbon UI download might disrupt that timer?

I have a HWS with one SuperJoey and one EHD. The HWS has some problems with the hard drive so Dish is shipping me another HWS. Should be here by the end of next week.

So, until my new HWS arrives, I thought maybe I'd go for the download and help test out the new Carbon UI on my old machine while I still have it. If I screw something up, at least I know that another HWS is going to be on the way.

My question is whether I should unplug my EHD before doing the button sequence to trigger the upgrade? I also have an important timer recording already set for early Saturday afternoon. Any chance that the Carbon UI download might disrupt that timer?
I downloaded Friday afternoon and my timers worked Friday night.If I was you I would unplug your EHD and if you got a joey unplug the power cord as well.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts