Carbon UI Issues Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a HWS with one SuperJoey and one EHD. The HWS has some problems with the hard drive so Dish is shipping me another HWS. Should be here by the end of next week.

So, until my new HWS arrives, I thought maybe I'd go for the download and help test out the new Carbon UI on my old machine while I still have it. If I screw something up, at least I know that another HWS is going to be on the way.

My question is whether I should unplug my EHD before doing the button sequence to trigger the upgrade? I also have an important timer recording already set for early Saturday afternoon. Any chance that the Carbon UI download might disrupt that timer?
I downloaded Friday afternoon and my timers worked Friday night.If I was you I would unplug your EHD and if you got a joey unplug the power cord as well.....
Thanks. Much appreciated!
Another thing you wont be able to use your EHD after you download the new ui.theres no EHD icon in the menu to use it so your download sat will stay on your hopper or you can delete it.

I downloaded Friday afternoon and my timers worked Friday night.If I was you I would unplug your EHD and if you got a joey unplug the power cord as well.....

Another thing you wont be able to use your EHD after you download the new ui.theres no EHD icon in the menu to use it so your download sat will stay on your hopper or you can delete it.

Ouch! That makes a difference. I just transferred all my recorded HWI content onto my EHD. If I can't access it after downloading the CUI, I'll probably just wait for the public release after my new HWI arrives.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

I have a HWS with one SuperJoey and one EHD. The HWS has some problems with the hard drive so Dish is shipping me another HWS. Should be here by the end of next week.

So, until my new HWS arrives, I thought maybe I'd go for the download and help test out the new Carbon UI on my old machine while I still have it. If I screw something up, at least I know that another HWS is going to be on the way.

My question is whether I should unplug my EHD before doing the button sequence to trigger the upgrade? I also have an important timer recording already set for early Saturday afternoon. Any chance that the Carbon UI download might disrupt that timer?
Thanks. Much appreciated!
Ouch! That makes a difference. I just transferred all my recorded HWI content onto my EHD. If I can't access it after downloading the CUI, I'll probably just wait for the public release after my new HWI arrives.

Thanks for letting me know. :)
You will be able to use it on your new hopper just not the one you download the new ui on....

I have a HWS and a H2k. Can't view recorded programs on the H2k from the HWS. Screen goes black and it shows that is has been watched on the H2k. But never get anything but black screen on HWS. No problem viewing recorded programs from my HWS when I access them from the H2k. Have tried rebooting and unplugging both. Unable to update software on the H2k.

Reactions: lazydogmot
Haven't done much testing. But this morning I turned on my regular Joey and the guide won't work. When I push the guide button on the remote nothing happens. So I tried going into the menu and then selecting guide and when I do it pops up a little screen that says this information is not available right now. I haven't tried my Super Joey and HWS to see if they're working or not. The guide and everything was working fine yesterday.

Ok so I figured out what's going on and I need some help. Apparently last night my HWS revered back to 529 but my Joey and Super Joey didn't. So the Joeys still have the new interface. The joey's won't connect to the hopper now. So no DVR, no guide info. They will pick up live TV but that's it. Can someone please help me fix this so that I can get everything working again? I don't know if there's a way to force the Joey's to switch to the software version that the Hopper is running or if I should try to force the Hopper to go back to the new interface.

My guess is that overnight we'll get a download on the joeys and super joeys to match things up. Or at least that is what I'm hoping for.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: navychop
Wow_ Just how ready is this UI suppose to be? With reading the UI threads here I am getting the impression that even some of the usual dedicated enthusiasts here are becoming wary of this boondoggle.. The often used phrase "coming soon" just may not apply here. :(

Wow_ Just how ready is this UI suppose to be? With reading the UI threads here I am getting the impression that even some of the usual dedicated enthusiasts here are becoming wary of this boondoggle.. The often used phrase "coming soon" just may not apply here. :(

Keep in mind the version that people downloaded yesterday was from October, and the real beta testers have received other updated versions since then. A lot of the bugs and problems discovered yesterday have probably been resolved by now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

You are reading way too much into this. This was posted as an early beta release that is even earlier than the current betas that are out in real beta test. To expect it not to have some issues, many which may already be fixed in the later betas, is asking way too much of it.

Those of us that ogt it knew, or should have known, that there would be soe gotcha's!

So this probably isn't good. After sitting all night my Joey and Super Joey are still on the carbon ui. And my Hopper is on the old software. For some reason my Joey's won't update. So now what do I do?? The Hopper won't pick up the extra tuners of the super joey. And neither of my joey's will access the program guide or dvr playlist. They can tune to live tv but I have to tune to the channel manually.

When you are in the "Schedule" screen, scroll through the events.

How do you get out of that list? What if you want to go back to the Recordings, Timers, etc? Am I missing something? Hitting Cancel works but takes you back to Live TV or your DVR playback.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts