Carbon UI Issues Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are you using the new Hopper? I am, and this was an advertised "feature" I THOUGHT I had read about. I have NOT been able to hang on to more than FIVE. Certainly not my only reason for upgrading but very definitely ONE of the reasons. At day 6 post-install, I also have NO program icon "artwork", just drab, gray "DISH" icons. And as far as I know, this thing has NEVER done a nightly update, even though I shut everything before 1AM. Frustrating!!

Hell five is all you need... Only a hoarder would need more! Want more folders? Get on the damn computer! You can put as many as you want right on your desktop! You've got a problem man... It's not too late to seek help. You've got an obvious folder addiction and denial won't help a thing. The more folders they let you have... The more folders you need. I've seen it time after time. Think of the children, will ya? Stop self-indulging for once and think of those poor innocent children! Be reasonable here. Have some compassion! Just think it over... Deep down, you know I'm right. Some day, you'll thank me for this.

Are you using the new Hopper? I am, and this was an advertised "feature" I THOUGHT I had read about. I have NOT been able to hang on to more than FIVE. Certainly not my only reason for upgrading but very definitely ONE of the reasons. At day 6 post-install, I also have NO program icon "artwork", just drab, gray "DISH" icons. And as far as I know, this thing has NEVER done a nightly update, even though I shut everything before 1AM. Frustrating!!

I'm running HWS, not the Hopper 3. And my additional folders continue to disappear after 2-3 days from creating them. Very frustrating.

Hell five is all you need... Only a hoarder would need more! Want more folders? Get on the damn computer! You can put as many as you want right on your desktop! You've got a problem man... It's not too late to seek help. You've got an obvious folder addiction and denial won't help a thing. The more folders they let you have... The more folders you need. I've seen it time after time. Think of the children, will ya? Stop self-indulging for once and think of those poor innocent children! Be reasonable here. Have some compassion! Just think it over... Deep down, you know I'm right. Some day, you'll thank me for this.

I'm guessing that you were just shining him on with the sarcasm in your reply? I hope so, otherwise I could suggest a special folder for you. LOL

Reactions: 3HaloODST
I'm running HWS, not the Hopper 3. And my additional folders continue to disappear after 2-3 days from creating them. Very frustrating.
Per DIRT - additional folders are NOT supposed to be possible - the problem has been referred - we'll see what happens. Five has always been the limit. I discovered all this after trying to create 7 folders myself - they always disappeared after restart.

It really makes you think twice about the engineers when they struggle on something as simple as folder support... LOL! Sure am glad Dish is finally doing something about it... Been a long time coming.

Reactions: xfoneguy
It really makes you think twice about the engineers when they struggle on something as simple as folder support... LOL! Sure am glad Dish is finally doing something about it... Been a long time coming.
We (meaning another "poster") finally found the original post regarding this - Scott's Mini-Review (point #22): "I will be honest and say its about the same now, however with the Hopper 3 you can have unlimited folders. If you were a new customer it would be easier to set things up as your starting with a blank slate, but i your moving over it can be some work."
So at least I know now that I didn't imagine the whole thing. No telling where the "engineers" will go with this.

We (meaning another "poster") finally found the original post regarding this - Scott's Mini-Review (point #22): "I will be honest and say its about the same now, however with the Hopper 3 you can have unlimited folders. If you were a new customer it would be easier to set things up as your starting with a blank slate, but i your moving over it can be some work."
So at least I know now that I didn't imagine the whole thing. No telling where the "engineers" will go with this.
Chances are Scott got that impression while reviewing but little did he know they would be gone next reboot. Lol...

Chances are Scott got that impression while reviewing but little did he know they would be gone next reboot. Lol...
Yeah, actually I was wondering about that - maybe he was "tinkering" and just kind of discovered it along the way. He would've had no reason to believe it wouldn't "stick" through a reboot. I wouldn't have thought about that. It's too bad - It would be nice to let everyone sort their own programs.

This is another one of those "not sure it's a bug or as-designed" problem, but I think it qualifies as an "issue" either way: I don't understand why, if I one folder alphabetically, that becomes the new "default" for all folders. I'd like to have the sort order for individual folders be remembered and different if I so chose.

Maybe this is like the folders not "sticking" issue, but I have to turn off Netflix search on each of my 3 receivers every day, it will not stay turned off. Pain in the neck for those who don't have Netflix to have to wade through all the lists of seasons & programming all the time. The nightly update is changing the setting back to "ON" every night.

Does anyone have the mini guide on the main Hopper receiver working? Update to U204 still didn't fix it. Any secret to get it to work. Works fine on Super Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts