Carbon UI Issues Thread

I guess it works for some but not others.
Naturally I am one it doesn't work for on my HWS but at least that is one thing that does work for me on my H3

I did the upgrade. One issue I cannot seem to crrate a manual timer. When I get to the screen to set the time it will not adjust. I have tried hitting up and down arrows an. Page up and down and hitting numbers but the start and end times never change. they want to start at 11 PM and end at 12 midnight.

I did the upgrade. One issue I cannot seem to crrate a manual timer. When I get to the screen to set the time it will not adjust. I have tried hitting up and down arrows an. Page up and down and hitting numbers but the start and end times never change. they want to start at 11 PM and end at 12 midnight.

You have to try at a different time of day. If you try after midnight you'll be able to get times for most of the morning. If you try in the afternoon you'll be able to get times for most of the evening.

You should probably report this bug to DIRT because the more reports they get the faster they might fix it.

I had to set up the timer the way the system wanteified it. d it. Then I went in and modified it.

I have noticed on mine, and this may have already been reported, that if you have a primetime anytime recording that has been saved to your DVR that requesting to start from beginning sometimes causes it to start at the end. In addition, if you are watching said recording and exit, and choose to resume it jumps to the end.

I suddenly have very low volume. I see no difference when changing any of the audio settings. They all sound exactly the same. The old interface had a line/rf mode that would change the volume.

Actually I have found that Dolby Digital is always on in the CUI even though I have turned off the pass-through.

I reported this several weeks ago back on u203 and again when I got my H3. I also contacted dish support and I was the first to report it. I am glad someone else is experiencing the problem. Hopefully others can check on it and report back AND report to dish support so it can be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: PhilAce
Anyone having on demand issues? I have a hopper with sling with u210 software version. All apps, Netflix are working fine. However, I cannot download anything from on demand. I've reset all boxes, internet, switched from wireless back to eternet. Still not working. Under rentals I see processing your request. Any input?

I finally received the u210 update and they still have not fixed the issue where two Hoppers continuously copy recordings from one Hoppers to the other. Man this issue is annoying and destructive to recordings in process. Back to isolation mode!

I have a strong feeling that the techs were in way over their heads in designing this machine. It would seem to have been nowhere nearly ready for public release. And it doesn't seem like any remedies are around the corner.

I disagree that Carbon works fine on the H3. I have witnessed too many glitches that have happened in the 3-4 months I've had mine. For example, a couple weeks ago, it became impossible to switch to a channel that is on a timer recording and start at the beginning.

On the TV ACTIVITY screen, when you select a live program that is currently being recorded via a timer event, you are given the standard options of joining the program live, stopping the recording and watching the program from the beginning.

This last option, watching from the beginning, is now either purposefully disabled or is the result of another glitch.

Can you advise if this is a glitch or if Dish decided to cancel this option? I've tried hundreds of times, on both my H3 and Joey, and this option simply no longer functions.

As I said, it would seem there were too many bugs in this machine before they should have released it.

Reactions: Troch77
If you are going to a live program being recorded why not simply go to DVR and pick it up there instead of TV Activity. You get the same options and they all work. I do it that way all the time and it works perfectly, every time....

Reactions: n0qcu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)