Carbon UI Suggestions Thread

$2 less in fees for me, so no brainer, though if it goes down I don't have OTA & will have to resort to streaming for a few days. It's actually hard to adjust, keep finding myself wanting to switch to the recordings on the other Hopper :)

Same with me. $2 less for H3 and 3 Joey's but $6 more for at least 4 months as I had to add the protection plan to get them to waive the $95 install fee. So 6x4 = $24 extra for 4 months. Then I'm back to $2 less than before. $24 is cheaper than $95 plus in a totally new equipment install, it made me feel a little more comfortable in case something (LNB, Hub, H3, Joey) goes TU. I'll call in 3.74 months and cancel the protection plan. I put it in my calendar.

Same with me. $2 less for H3 and 3 Joey's but $6 more for at least 4 months as I had to add the protection plan to get them to waive the $95 install fee. So 6x4 = $24 extra for 4 months. Then I'm back to $2 less than before. $24 is cheaper than $95 plus in a totally new equipment install, it made me feel a little more comfortable in case something (LNB, Hub, H3, Joey) goes TU. I'll call in 3.74 months and cancel the protection plan. I put it in my calendar.
Requirement has changed - it's $6 more a month (if you adjust for the $2 you're saving) but now you have to keep PP for 6 months or pay $30 penalty - still cheaper than $95 install fee though.

That's why I upgraded to H3, much simpler to have everything on one Hopper. Tried the Carbon (manual install of 203) & found between Hoppers it was very slow & was showing a black screen at first, once connected it seemed to work OK. I was still getting nightly update reminders, so far with New H3/J2 I'm not getting the interruptions so either the new equip makes a difference or there's something different in the software.
I was going to upgrade to the H3, but they would have to do a wing dish for 77. That is what my locals are on. I don't want another dish on my roof. I am hoping they will move my locals to 72 or 61.5.

My bad, thought it was 4 months. But your right, still cheaper.
Even cheaper if you drop it now & pay the penalty - probably wouldn't look good on your acct though if you want to upgrade or ask for discounts later.
clear.png
:)

I would like to have more customization ability to "tailor" the various screens/windows - particularly the "DVR" (recordings) view. The icons on this screen (and all screens, really) seem GIGANTIC to me. I would prefer smaller (and more) icons. This would be additional "preference" settings.

When a program is recording, it should be obvious from a first look at the "DVR" window - so if the program happens to be part of a "custom" folder, that folder icon should have the "red dot in the upper right corner" so that it's immediately apparent.

Reactions: macphreak and n0qcu
That makes sense - I guess I always thought of "new" as being "newly recorded"
Now that I re-read the original question/request, I guess it's open to interpretation. Dish does sort by "newly recorded", by default, I think. If you have a series recording, you'll have a folder of the episodes. If a re-run is recorded today, that series' folder will be bumped to the 1st position in the DVR list (not counting the PTAT and rentals folders).

Reactions: xfoneguy
Now that I re-read the original question/request, I guess it's open to interpretation. Dish does sort by "newly recorded", by default, I think. If you have a series recording, you'll have a folder of the episodes. If a re-run is recorded today, that series' folder will be bumped to the 1st position in the DVR list (not counting the PTAT and rentals folders).
I guess that all means that we could use a few more options.

I've noticed that while I can change the sort for timers to "title" (alphabetical order) it won't stay that way when I come back there again. With conflicts being largely a thing of the past, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to keep timers in priority order. Minimally i'd like to see my last choice "stick".

Very likely that that bit of code is shared amongst the previous generations of Hopper models so it can't be changed. Well, it can be but Dish surely wants to share as much common code as possible.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I would like to have more customization ability to "tailor" the various screens/windows - particularly the "DVR" (recordings) view. The icons on this screen (and all screens, really) seem GIGANTIC to me. I would prefer smaller (and more) icons. This would be additional "preference" settings.

I am completely opposite here. I would like the icons much larger for me as I have a large tv but sit pretty far from it.

So, I agree, someway to have a preference for this for small, medium or large icons would be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ability to arrow over in the guide, click on the channel, and then it display a list of upcoming shows on that channel only has always been a wish list of mine.

Would you consider adding the ability to password protect folders with the new hopper 3? That is one of the main reasons why I am not upgrading at this time.

Well, really because they won’t allow a hopper 2 on the same account. But, if they only allow me to have one hopper for the whole house hold, then it just makes sense to allow me to password protect folders from my kids.

I know there are parental controls for certain age limit shows. But sometimes just the title of the show or thumbnail might be a little too much for smaller children.

Please add this feature and I’ll upgrade right away! Thanks!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?posts/3834025/

A suggestion for the 52 remote and Carbon UI would be to long press the Pause/Play button to stop during DVR playback. Like the Stop button on the 40 remote.

Reactions: Ashgarden

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)