Carbon UI with mixed Hopper types questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
I have a Hopper 2k, a Hopper with Sling and a Joey 1. When the HWS updates to carbon UI will I still be able to access the recording from the H2k from my HWS?

I have been told that the H2K will not get the carbon UI, will the Joey 1 get the carbon UI?

Basically am I going to have issues staying with my current setup? I don't want to upgrade equipment as I don't want to sign a 24 month commitment.

No your Hopper with Sling will no longer talk to the Hopper 2K (and vice versa)

It is NOT recommended to install the carbon UI on the Hopper with Sling in these types of setups.

I believe that the H2k will not get the new UI, and therefore will not "talk" to the other equipment.
They will probably replace your H2k with the HWS for free if you'd like.

I believe that the H2k will not get the new UI, and therefore will not "talk" to the other equipment.
They will probably replace your H2k with the HWS for free if you'd like.
Not looking to upgrade equipment as I do not want to sign a new 24 month commitment.

I can confirm the HWS will not talk to the H2000 with Carbon, but my H2000 seem to be able to talk to my HWS with Carbon. I can also confirm (at least at our house) after the upgrade on the HWS every Joey in the house paired with the HWS and got the Carbon update. When you pair it back to the H2000, several things do not work such as the guide / DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)