cardinals baseball on fs tennessee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
While watching part of a predators hockey game the other night, I noticed an ad that said you can watch st. louis cardinals baseball on fs tennessee all season long. I've noticed though that the program guide doesn't show any cardinals games being shown on fs tennessee. Is this for only certain dma's in tennessee that receive fs tennessee (the memphis dma for example)? Or can anyone share some knowledge on this for me? I live in the Nashville DMA btw.

Well, Memphis is the Cards farm club. They do have a following here.

must be a carry over from them being on FS South last year, before they split them into Tennessee and Carolinas.

I'm not sure. The television commercial clearly said,"Follow the cardinals all season long on FS Tennessee" and it was one of those commercials that was produce by Fox Sports.

Ok, so I noticed that the Cardinals game is going to be on a RSNa of SportsSouth on ch 650. I don't think I will be able to tell today though if I am going to be allowed to watch these games all season though due to the MLB-EI free preview. I think perhaps that you have to live in the Memphis DMA to actually get these games on SportsSouth alternate and fs tn alternate. Not sure though. If anyone has any clarity on this, please share...

Cards schedule on FS Tennessee

I published the FOX Sports Tennessee schedule on Scout back in February with a map and explanation of the covered areas. This also includes the SportSouth games. 123 in total.

Unfortunately, because I have fewer than three posts here, the system will not let me list the URL cleanly. Go to the St. Louis Cardinals site on Scout DOT com and look for article 841920 or just substitute the three "DOT"s below with the real thing.

Enjoy the games!

stlcardinalsDOTscoutDOTcom/2/841920DOThtml

Thanks for the replies. That stinks. I can't believe Nashville is considered a market for the Reds.

Actually you get the Reds in Middle TN WITHOUT Sports Pak, that started in 2007. West TN gets the Cardinals. What's not yet been resolved are HD broadcasts. I called last year to complain and talked to several different DirecTV CSRs and Managers and no one could figure out why the HD broadcasts were not being offered in these extended territories.

Today's Reds game vs. the Mets was broadcast in HD, channel 661-1 for those in Ohio. For the customers in Middle TN, our Reds broadcasts are carried on the new FSN Tennessee channel 644. Although there is a deisgnated FSN Tennessee HD channel 644-1, the game was not offered in HD today. Why would you limit the HD broadcast to the Ohio area only. This is strictly an oversight and No ONE wants to take ownership of it. Plus the fact that I'm probably the only Reds fan in Middle TN but hey, that's another matter...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)