SWM satellite setup help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

extraordineri

Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
lakewood, ca
I just swapped out my AU9 LNB with a SWM5 LNB. I hooked it up to the proper cable. From the wall it goes into the Power Inerter (which everyone told me), but they sent me a SWM Kicker which they said replaced the PI. So, it goes into that and from there goes into our SWM jack in the back of our single receiver. When booting up it was unable to detect the satellite. The satellite setup is now set to Dish: Slimline5S-SWM, Switch: SWM, and Recevier: Dual. The satelite should be aligned with the previous LNB which I was told would be the same. Is there anything else I need to do programming-wise to get it to detect the satellite? I reset the receiver and it still won't do it. Is there a setting I am missing? I need help right away so I know whether I should put my old setup back or have DTV come out and hook it up for me.

Whoohoo! Got it to work with the PI instead of the SWM Kick. I think with the Kick you need the Super Buddy with it. Whatever, it's working!

Then the question is: who sent those to the OP? He implied that it was the supplier of the dish. Did he request the meter at the time of the dish order?

A lesson learned here. Please provide as much information as possible as not all here may know the terminology. We're learning. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)