Carryout G2 with multiswitch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JD Traveler

Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
HI....new to this forum and looking for some guidence...tried doing a search but to no avail...I was told by a Dish Tech. that it was possible to use a G2 carryout with a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch in order to hook up a DVR reciever to one tv and still have another line run to a second tv in the bedroom. I am not very familiar with the proper equipment to use. I do understand that the 1 LNB of the G2 is a Legacy and that two lines are normally required to run a dvr. I also realize that the Zinwell 6x8 is actually a Direct tv multiswitch. Still not sure if it will operate on 129 hd. Need to know if the Zinwell will work and how to split a line to the second tv. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess not, but I don't do anything with RVs anymore so there may be some of the retailers here that can help.

I'm just thinking no switches between the two companies will be interchangeable. And the auto dishes really do fail 90% of the time, when connected to the two tuners.

I am just starting to get some of this figured out, but do understand that some of Dish and DTV line equipment is enterchangeable to a degree. Hope that some one else will chime in as I know there is must be a simple solution using switches or other splitters. If all else fails I guess I could just go to a FM modulator. Don't know much about those never having used one either.

I am just starting to get some of this figured out, but do understand that some of Dish and DTV line equipment is enterchangeable to a degree. Hope that some one else will chime in as I know there is must be a simple solution using switches or other splitters. If all else fails I guess I could just go to a FM modulator. Don't know much about those never having used one either.
Do you mean a RF modulator? I doubt you want to create a radio station.

There are two outputs on the G2 - you can run two lines to a DVR, making sure to connect the primary to tuner 1 and secondary to tuner 2. By doing this, you will run into tuner conflict. The G2 is a single LNB system that adjusts based on inputs from the receiver to toggle satellites. The primary runs the show - if it wants 119, its getting 119. If it wants 129, its getting 129. If the two tuners try to grab channels from different birds, one is going to come in and one isn't.

It's technically possible to go more than two outputs with DPP44 switches but heavily recommended against - you lose your ability to toggle with the additional equipment. It will be stuck on the bird that the G2's dipswitches specify - in the case of the standard DISH config (4, 7 and 8 down) it would be 119. There are other settings to point at specific satellites but they aren't made available without a call to Winegard.

There are two outputs on the G2 - you can run two lines to a DVR, making sure to connect the primary to tuner 1 and secondary to tuner 2. By doing this, you will run into tuner conflict. The G2 is a single LNB system that adjusts based on inputs from the receiver to toggle satellites. The primary runs the show - if it wants 119, its getting 119. If it wants 129, its getting 129. If the two tuners try to grab channels from different birds, one is going to come in and one isn't.

It's technically possible to go more than two outputs with DPP44 switches but heavily recommended against - you lose your ability to toggle with the additional equipment. It will be stuck on the bird that the G2's dipswitches specify - in the case of the standard DISH config (4, 7 and 8 down) it would be 119. There are other settings to point at specific satellites but they aren't made available without a call to Winegard.
On Winegards site they state the G2 is not compatible with Hopper/Joey. I assume that is because the G2 uses LEGACY LNBs. If that is true then a DPP44 can't be used with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)