Cartoon Network to be Teletoon Retro to be Disney Channel, and other channels shutting down?

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
Effective September 1 2015 there are changes coming to SHAW & BEll line up.

I can't comment on Shaw Direct as I don't have it and I'm not sure about Bell Sat, but Corus is doing some :eeek to their channels.

Corus recent bought the rights Disney programming in Canada.Hence Effective Sept 1 2015 these are the changes:

Cartoon Network(Present) to become Teletoon Retro(programming I believe but not exactly sure)
Teletoon Retro(shutting down)
Cartoon Network(replaced) becomes Disney Channel

If this doesn't make sense tell me about it? :coco

Any way with Corus buying the rights to Disney programming this will also effect Disney Junior,Disney XD,Famly Channel and 1 or 2 channels which slip my mind atr the moment. It also effects the french versions of these channels, but this part of the changes doesn't take effect til November/December.

Unlike the US where the "True" channel version exist, here in Canada we got crappy versions. In any case stay tuned as next 4 months will be interesting.

Also effective:

aug 24/15
Bite is shutting down(no replacement)

Sept 1/15
GOL TV(Canada)
NHL Network Canada
Both are shutting down(no replacements)

November/December(no exact dates available)
Disney XD(English & French)
Disney Junior(English & French(
Family Channel English & French)
and 1 or 2 more channels
Programming & Channels names changes are coming on certain channels.

So :hiding and :everybodydance :cheer for the changes to occur.

Teletoon Retro shuts down & becomes Disney Channel and Cartoon Network moves to the TTR theme packages & some of the TTR programming moves over to Teletoon.

Here is the other company that some what involved in this:

DHX Media owns:

Disney XD
Disney Junior(English & French)
Family Channel

Its "rumored"(nothing confirmed) that these channels will be renamed to(respectively) :

Family XTRM
Family Junior
Famille Junior
Family Channel stay the same.

Here is their web site: http://www.dhxmedia.com/

Now I'm not sure of the exact dates when DHX Media will lose Disney content, but "rumor" has it by the end of the year in which time DHX Media will have its own content as they already produce shows.

Its also not known at this time that if indeed that Shaw Direct will carry Cartoon Network or Disney Channel or both.

As for Bell TV they presently carry both the present Cartoon Network & Teletoon Retro.I'm assuming once Teletoon Retro shuts down that they'll be carrying Disney Channel but nothing has been confirmed yet.

UPDATE

Bite is now being re-branded as makeful TBV

Also there is some confusion about ?Adult Swim on Cartoon Network & Teletoon At night programming. According to the fall schedules its unclear if these will continue or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts