Cascaded multi switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SMCushion

Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Pennsylvania
i used 2 zinwall 6X8 multi switch fed from the sat dish thru 5 power passing splitters. our area uses the 72.5 for locals. Everything worked fine untill Direct switched to 1 dish bringing the locals to the slim5. Now we get a error searching for sat 2 on some channels. We are using 3 HD DVRs. A tech said it was because of it being HD we cant cascade. How do you get multiple outputs witout cascading. Do the have a 6 X32 ?

Thanks
Steve

You aren't cascading the two switches because you have them running in parallel from the power passing splitters. Make sure that the corresponding outputs from the splitters go to the same input on each switch. Also, the switches need to be WB68s. The older Zinwell 6802s (if that is what you have) can't pass the higher band frequencies.

You may also have a failing b-band converter.

JD/

I do have them in parralle. All cabling is 1 to 1 2 to 2 etc. The zinwell ms are the WB68s newer units. What is the B converter ?

In order for the HD DVR (HR2x models) to receive the new MPEG4 stations there needs to be a B-Band Converter connected to each sat input. They should have come in the box with the DVR.

if the BBC is not an issue, IMO you should upgrade to a WB616 (16 outputs) if its a D* install and not a Self install, set up a service call and have it changed.

OK I know the B band devices are on cables. I will investigate more being there are 3 HD DVR's connected to verify all 3 give the same error.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts