Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Just curious if anyone has tried this before I go outside at -16 and freeze my butt off...
I would like to add another LNBF after a diseqc switch using a 22KHz switch to one standard LNBF, and the other port to a universal LNBF (my only spare right now). My thinking is that the 22KHz (stand alone) switch would strip the signal and allow me to utilize the universal LNBF as a standard with the LO of 10600MHz set in the receiver for that (diseqc #2/22KHz on) port.
Of course if the 22KHz switch doesn't strip (filter if you may) the 22KHz signal on the output, it would switch in the LNBF and the LO would be 9750 and wouldn't work for the standard Ku.

Just trying to add a 5th LNBF to the system with the (stuff) I already have kicking around.
Tnx in advance..
-C.

Put the universal on the 22khz on side of the switch. That's what I did for a while. It worked for me. But then, I'd forget where, in the mix, the universal was and scan in some odd frequencies occasionally.

If the 22k is ecoda then yes it will work. Put Universal LNB on the 22k on side
any other brand of 22k...wont work

to add another LNBF after a diseqc switch using a 22KHz switch
-C.
What is on the other 3 ports of that diseqc that prevents you from adding the 22KHZ with a lnb that does not compete for the 22KHZ signal? (I have assumed a 1X4 diseqc).

As for the Ecoda part, if I recall correctly, the beauty of the Ecoda is that it can go before or after the diseqc switch as it allows the diseqc signal to pass through it while other brand 22Khz switches can usually only go after the diseqc. However it has been a few years since I have owned a non-ecoda switch.

Last edited:
Thanks for great info!
The switch I have is not an Ecoda, I should order one but will try this one.
The dish I want to add the 5th lnb to the movable Ku dish that already has an lnb on port3 of the diseqc switch. Ports 1 (a c/Ku LNBF) ,2, and 4 are on a c-band multi-feed dish, where port 1 uses 22KHz for switching between c and Ku. Port 3 has a standard Ku and I would add the Ku universal here with the 22KHz switch. Will add the universal to the 22khz side of the switch and see what it does, sounds like it will work. If it doesn't I can order a new switch and standard lnbf and wait a while... I see SatAV has the ecoda switches in stock.
I am also thinking of adding a 4th c-band lnbf to the C band dish for AMC-1 eventually. (it has 99W C/Ku, 91w C, and 107w C). A second 22KHz switch would work there too and save a cable run.
Quite a complex system but works really well. The c-band dish is an 8 foot spun aluminum with a long focal distance, hence the multi-feed. It is on a polar mount but does not have an actuator. Nice quick switching between C-band satellites though!
-C.

Check out the Ecoda 22KHz switch deals in the eBay Special Deals link in my signature below.

I would challenge you to find a better deal........ and from a Satelliteguys site sponsor to boot!

"2, and 4 are on a c-band multi-feed dish"

Why not put the lnb from port 4 with the other on port 2 using the 22KHZ? This would free up port 4 for your universal by itself.

I might just do that... can combine two C-band feeds quite easily and free up one port for that universal.
Was warm today but had to go to work instead... Hate when that happens...
Brian, you might have some mailing to do tomorrow... :)
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)