Cascading DP21 switch with DP34 switch?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Hi guys, I have a question for you:

Can a DP21 switches output feed into 1 of the DP34 switches input to add a 4th satellite location instead of having to purchase and expensive DPP44 switch?

For instance, with DP34 switch alone, you can only input 3 sats such as 110, 119, and 129 (or 61.5). I'm supposing that if you had a DP21 switch laying around, you could take the bottom sat input off of the DP34 switch, and then hook it up to the output of the DP21 switch. You then connect the removed bottom sat from the DP34, to one of the inputs of the DP21 switch. That then gives you the second input on the DP21 switch to add a 4th sat, such as 118.7, or whatever.

Thanks for letting me know!

it is possible but you have to bring 3 cable in to 34 sw. then out to dp21 in to port one to port will go 4th satellite and then out to receiver. if you do some search you can find diagrams

I see, then the DP21 switch can be used on one of the outputs of the DP34 switch, and the output of the DP21 goes to the receiver. So you'd need two DP21's for a dual tuner receiver, which also means each DP21 would have to be fed from a output on a dual lnb pointed at the same sat. It seems a DPP44 switch would be a better choice. Too bad they seem to be so expensive right now. MUST a power inserter be used with a DPP44 switch, or can a receiver power it like the DP34 switch?

Thanks!

DPP 44 will be beater choose and YES YOU DO NEED POWER INSERTER!!! i don't care what people say it comes with it for a reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts