Cascading Zinwell multiswitchs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zakdj

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I have a install that has already in place a Zinwell WB616 as the first Switch, then a WB68 is cascaded from it giving me a total of 20 receivers. Not changing out any equiptment can I add another WB68 to get more outputs, or will I just have to cascade another WB616 and get rid of the WB68 to make this work.

I agree, the LNB outputs should be split versus cascading the switches. But when doing this it's very important to make sure you connect each LNB output to the same input on all switches. So LNB 1 would go to Sat A 18v/22kHz on all switches, LNB2 would go to Sat A 13v/22kHz on all switches, and so on.

If you mix them up, they fight and you'll get bizarre results (and possibly burn out the switch and/or LNB)

Last edited:
Thank You, I will try that this next week and let you know what happened.

Cascading two WB68s from a WB616 works fine because the WB616 is a powered multiswitch. Or you can, as suggested, split the four cables from the dish and drive a single WB68 and the WB616 in parallel. And in case you are worried, connecting the cables from the splitters incorrectly won't burn out anything. It just won't work correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts