Catch Zon tvCabo from portugal in Virginia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peste19

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
My satellite company (Zon tvcabo) told me i could that i could catch the Portuguese channels here in America but for that i would have to bring Zon tv Cabo receiver and catch their signal. However, my question is which satelitte to i need and where do i have to point it to catch their frequency?

Thanks in advance

im a total noob i dont know... from the images it looks like i cant but they told me that some satellites could get it, true or false i dont know

Well, according to Tele-satellite magazine #208(Issue 0902), someone catch E*3@61.5º in Spain, and this sat only have conus footprint, using 6 foot dish, maybe the Eur beam in Hispasat apply the same here, with a large dish 7+ foot long...

Well, according to Tele-satellite magazine #208(Issue 0902), someone catch E*3@61.5º in Spain, and this sat only have conus footprint, using 6 foot dish, maybe the Eur beam in Hispasat apply the same here, with a large dish 7+ foot long...

hee hee... still wont work

Dish uses satellite way more powerful then KU. That is why they are spaced 9 degrees apart versus KU which is 2 degrees apart. But there is no way that you can get the European beam stuff on a low powered satellite across the ocean.

**sigh** I guess some people just don't understand.

It wont work. The footprint for that European beam is for Europe only and dramatically drops off the farther west in Europe you go.

The only way to see that channel is to move to Europe

There is a guy in South America (Brazil I think) that can get some European beam ku sats, but he uses a very large dish of about 6-7m along with a home made lnb cooler. Even though he can do it, it will cost a lot of money (possibly up to $20,000 or more) to try and there is no guaranty that it will work for you.

For the average person the answer would be no it is not possible.
The cheapest way would be to use a slingbox and a friend in Europe with a dish, receiver and high speed internet connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Knowledge Network?

What is the benefit of a flange of KU band?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)