Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I received my 8ft c band dish from Wsi international last saturday and will begin assembly tomorrow but still have a couple of questions 1. Will I be able to receive cband signal inside a covered patio? 2. Is there enough fta c and ku to replace pay tv service without a 4dtv sub I will post pictures of the progress tomorrow

Last edited:
The answer to your 2nd question is this. It depends on what you watch, as I pointed out in two other threads on this subject this is what I watch. Look over the list. Do any of these things interest you. Look over what other people post and then MAKE A DECISION, The answer is different for every one.

1. History
2. Bio
3. THIStv Network
4. Saudi TV1
5. Saudi TV2
6. Russia Today
7. Al Jazeera - English
8. Mhz World View
9. Kuwait TV
10. Kuwait 2
11. Kuwait 3
12. TimeTV
13. Press TV
14. Pastor Scott
15. JCTV
16. NHK 625
17. NHK 1080i
18. YES Italia
19. RAI News 24
20. Arirang

I received my 8ft cband dish from Wsi international last saturday and will begin assembly tonmorow but still have a couple of questions 1. Will I be able to receive cband signal inside a covered patio? 2. Is there enough fta c and ku to replace pay tv service without a 4dv sub I will post pictures of the progress tomorrow

?1. I would say no,because tree climbs with leafs can cut out signals on weak satellites.
?2. It all depends on what you like to watch.For me I still need a sub.

hope someone else will chime in on this,I might be wrong about ?1.:confused:

I think you have a good chance of it working. Esp if your in the upper midwest. <EDIT> I see your in Texas you might be looking higher up then I so it might be harder then you think.

the patio is the back and there are no tress in the LOS of the dish just houses

It won't work, the houses will block the signal

I don't think a covered patio situation would work anyway unless the roof is made of fiberglass and you kept the wood studs to a minimum.

The easiest test before your purchase would have been to see if a 18" dish could receive signals from your covered patio -- to verify enough microwave transparency to work.

As for #2, if you have a cable appetite, FTA doesn't have enough unencrypted cable services to satisfy an appetite. You could partially satisfy it though raw feeds (live events like awards shows and concerts that would air on a cable channel) and some sports backhauls but you would be missing the studio shows and taped shows like documentaries or reality shows.

If you were just wanting something to watch to kill the time, there are more than enough FTA channels to do that.

It won't work, the houses will block the signal

before purchasing i had signal on the ku side from around 45 w to 129 west in the same location and the same houses so why wouldnt cband work?

the covered patio is out of the equation the elevation angle for the satellite i m looking for is to high

Last edited:
I received my 8ft c band dish from Wsi international last saturday and will begin assembly tomorrow but still have a couple of questions 1. Will I be able to receive cband signal inside a covered patio? 2. Is there enough fta c and ku to replace pay tv service without a 4dtv sub I will post pictures of the progress tomorrow

I have been true FTA for some time. The above list does not include PBS A&E LCN
Sportsman ABC NBC CBS Fox CW Fox Movie feeds and a lot of other stuff .

The web is loaded with free tv also. If you have some kind of broadband and an HDMI out port on your computer, you can add to what you get on satellite with web channels.

I don't need the redundant, commercial loaded offerings of subscription services.

If you can add an HD antenna, (which I can't - teepee in canyon) that would increase your options even more.

I would say you can easily do without any cable or satellite contract

After i attach the dish where does the angle finder go to set elevation of the dish ?

On the ring that supports the dish (where you clamped those 6 brackets of the dish onto the ring).

use the angle finder to set the elevation and then fine tune by peaking on a signal that you can lock since the angle finder if used properly should get you in the ballpark.

I'm still stuck putting mine together - a bolt eater took 4 of the 8m x 15mm bolts (and they were all present when the dish came and I counted out the hardware). I just have to buy 4 metric bolts to replace those and I"m set.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)