CBAND LNB TEST??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elam budmore

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
sheboygan falls wi
Does anyone know of a way to test a LNB i have been having problems seting up an old dish and im starting to wonder if there may be a problem with the lnb. im seaching for sat G1 ..chan. 5 and 3 i had it last night for a bit, now i cant seem to find it

is there any reason i would have a harder time finding these satalites today rather than last night, i just spenr 3 hour looking for G1 .. i had the dish and such marked last night and toda all i can get at that possion is just a bit if what looks like it WANTS to go into a picture but it doesnt quite come in. im looking to pull in a open analog channel

Does anyone know of a way to test a LNB i have been having problems seting up an old dish and im starting to wonder if there may be a problem with the lnb. im seaching for sat G1 ..chan. 5 and 3 i had it last night for a bit, now i cant seem to find it

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]when you lose every picture on every satellite it is the LNB. Test the voltage coming out of the receiver. The receiver sends 18-21 VDC out to the LNB to power it up. If you have this voltage present on the coax cable at the dish, the receiver and cable are fine and the LNB is bad.[/FONT]

Ok I can check that. but what about if i have some sort of dish allignment problem?what if im not quite on the satallite? should there be voltage preasent on the output side of the LNB? thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)