cband to pci conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jucny2

Original poster
Have a fully functional c -band 10' mesh dish / c-band LNB/ DSR922 with excellent reception across the board. Same programing I now pay $100.00 for is only $52.00 on Directv, to be installed monday. Bought new Twinhan SAT1025 PCI card. Plan to connect BUD to Twinhan and use 922 to move dish. have dual mount feedhorn and cable already in place. Plan to add KU LNB. What do I need to make the setup including a recomendation for the KU LNB. Can I split off Directv for even more options or is that redundant with movable dish. GREAT SITE.
thks,
jucny2

Have a fully functional c -band 10' mesh dish / c-band LNB/ DSR922 with excellent reception across the board. Same programing I now pay $100.00 for is only $52.00 on Directv, to be installed monday.
thks,
jucny2

May I ask what programming is chepaer on small dish than on 4dtv? you will cry after you see the crappy picture quality on mini dish, and I hope it does not rain hard in your area.

Unless I've just missed something or get bad info from NPS rep. to get channels wanted by all tribe members:
galaxy 23.00 + showtime ultra 68.00 + absolute digital 25.00 + network 12.00 (not even local,we are in the boonies) vs choice plus 39.95 + hbo 12.00. believe me I hated to do this. last straw losing ESPN etc. better options ? still have time to cancel Directv.
thks,
jucny2

Watch out there may be a limited time offer for your price with dtv, plus you get only I think 7 HBO's and 4dtv gives you something like 16 for the same price or $1 difference.

If you only have C-band you will be best off upgrading to c/ku-band and slaving dvb to the 4dtv and with the free channels you may cut your subsciption down.

I notice some of the packages you sub to have the same channels, you may want to look at the NPS packages again.

You can also take a look at what SRL has to offer:
http://www.programming-center.net/

Last edited:
Unless I've just missed something or get bad info from NPS rep. to get channels wanted by all tribe members:
galaxy 23.00 + showtime ultra 68.00 + absolute digital 25.00 + network 12.00 (not even local,we are in the boonies) vs choice plus 39.95 + hbo 12.00. believe me I hated to do this. last straw losing ESPN etc. better options ? still have time to cancel Directv.
thks,
jucny2

That's sure paying for a lot of channels more than once. Every channel in the G5 pack is already in the $68 Showtime ultra pack. Several channels being paid for 3 times there - they are in each of the Galaxy, Showtime, and Absolute digital packs you mentioned.

If someone at NPS actually told you that you needed all those packs, they should be totally ashamed of themselves.

Not at all an equal comparison of channels either, because total choice plus doesn't include Showtime/TMC/Flix or Cinemax. Also D is going to get you for $1.50 for each distant network channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts