More on scans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello again
While on the subject of scans, I was doing full scans last night "untill real late" only got to do a few satellites , but in the process I found some FTA channels in Italian like Rome1 I think is the name there where about 4 of them. I do not quite remeber the sat name but if there is anyone intereted
I can get the sat name and transporter info tonigth and share tomorrow.:)
Regards
Fortec universal 0.4dB Single KU LNBF.
progress.gif

Hi:

Is there a place available where that information can be posted? I can understand why it might not be a good idea to post it................ it might disappear tomorrow........... but it would be nice to know what is new and where it is.

cheers
Bryce

My apology I will never offer any info on new found channels.
Regards

It's natural to want to share what you find with other users of the forum, but the nature of this hobby is that it's not always a good idea to do that.

I've found that here at the satelliteguys you will find everything you need to know to construct and operate an FTA system and it's definitely the best site on the internet for that information.

The problem with publicizing what you do with the system is that it really can lead to loss of channels and even legislation restricting FTA. A good example is the radio scanning hobby and the "Electronic Communications Privacy Act".

That law was written and paid for by telecommunications lobbyists who forced a ban on certain receiving equipment and seriously compromised the capabilities of all scanning receivers just because of a few users who went public with their receiving exploits. Some of them meant no harm and didn't know better but others were malicous users with no regard for the others who quietly enjoyed the hobby and kept to themselves for years.

Sadly I fear that it's only a matter of time before some of those morning animal DJ types discover FTA and start posting sensitive catches on the internet. The sure result will be that the signals will then go away. None of us want that, so I would say that the idea of keeping things "under your hat" is a good one and it's there for good reason.

Also the FTA'ers here on this forum are some of the best in the world and most probably already know about what's up there, and they seem to have the philosophy of helping us new grasshoppers to get started and to carry on the proud tradition of FTA with silence and honor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts