CBC Newsworld and/or CTV Newsnet In U.S.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CBC and CTV as they appear in Canada cannot be distributed and sold nationally in the US by Dish or DirecTV. The CBC and CTV would have to make a copyright cleared US version or stop airing programs to which other cable, broadcast and syndications companies own the copyrights in the US.

No matter how many times or how loudly Cable repeats the same lie, it is still a lie.

Last edited:
Bottom line, as a provider, I know what I can and can't do. IF I carry one of these feeds from Canada and a local station request blackout of certain programming then I have to abide by that request. Here for instance, Comcast had to block out the ABC programming on the ABC affiliate from Atlanta because the local ABC affiliate here requested SyndEX on all of the ABC programming. Comcast fills in that time with info, annoucements, etc. It's no big deal. You are just trying to make a mountian out of mole hill. Those Canadian affiliates are out of market and falls under the same rules set forth by the FCC.

CBC and CTV as they appear in Canada cannot be distributed and sold nationally in the US by Dish or DirecTV. The CBC and CTV would have to make a copyright cleared US version or stop airing programs to which other cable, broadcast and syndications companies own the copyrights in the US.

No matter how many times or how loudly Cable repeats the same lie, it is still a lie.

very interesting

reckon star choice for me when I get to move south this year.

the reply that the bbc is left wing still has me thinking ???

while lazing about on the beach down in florida
I tend to listen to bbc world and in between,
switch to the O reilly factor ON FOX.

WAS it cole porter who penned "night and day" ?

red d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)